Wiki Posts
Search

Fewest days to 3000 TP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Fewest days to 3000 TP

Thoughts wandering on a sunday afternoon ...

Most of our TP run thinking on FT is focused on TP/£ but I suspect many of us are time constrained as well as (or for a lucky few - instead of) cash constrained - so maybe TP/days is a useful metric too.

Let's pick a decent sized target like GGL renewal of 3000 TPs. What is the fewest days this can be done in?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
4 months for me, but I average 6 months for renewals.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
I once did a PTY-MIA-MCO-CLT-RDU-PHL-PHX-SJC rt in J (maybe one or two segments more) on an AA buy-up fare that did not have any restrictions on the number of segments and only a very broad MPM. It yielded something like 760 TP, flown over two days (with some days in between to spend in the bay area, but could have done an immediate return).

Recently, had to be in Japan for business anyway so ended up on an ATL-CLT-SFO-HND-ITM/ITM-HND-SFO-JFK-DCA-ATL for 760 TP as well. Certainly more comfortable than the previous which was mostly in recliner-style J. If you really wanted this could be done within 3 days return I suppose.

The highest yield in the shortest time is probably BUD-HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL with LHR-JFK-LAX in F, the rest in J for 740 TP one-way? Would take the better of a day, the return will be longer due to misaligned times I suppose.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
My favorite TP run nets 240 TP in one day, without leaving my time zone and allowing me to sleep in my own bed.
13 of those would be enough to get over 3,000 TP.

If you'd be fine with sleeping on a plane, it's definitely possible to shorted that.
My first thought would be chaining a bunch of TATL F flights while filling the time between them with short-hauls.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Best guess, without checking feasibility, 6 days by shuttling LHR -JFK in F each day, and could you squeeze in a business class return for the extra 80 per day?

Be interesting to see what people come up with.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, KrisFlyer Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Blah ~ Blah.. something more
I started in March and have reached 2890 and have another 280tp flight scheduled tomorrow, it's fun to fly...

I do a long business trip from UK to SG in the first half of every year, so I took the route that way...

btw : I RT'd LHR-SOF-DOH-CMB-CGK last year and I was sick for a few days.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Days of flying or days of the trip?
It is relevant at the moment because of the double TP bonus requiring 5 nights hotel/car between the first and last flights.

I am relatively time-constrained and not so much £/TP constrained, most of my LH trips at the moment can be done as a holiday booking in F with a domestic UK connection and a US connection, so generally 1,160TPs for 3 days flying and 6 nights away.
I wouldn't take a JFK- West coast connection just for TPs, and if I could get to my destination in F I wouldn't take any onward connection as the time is more important to me but if you didn't mind doing that (e.g. MAN-LHR-JFK-LAX) you could book trips at 1,560TPs in a similar timeframe.

So in that case you could renew GGL in just 2 separate, 6 night trips.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by manord
Thoughts wandering on a sunday afternoon ...

Most of our TP run thinking on FT is focused on TP/£ but I suspect many of us are time constrained as well as (or for a lucky few - instead of) cash constrained - so maybe TP/days is a useful metric too.

Let's pick a decent sized target like GGL renewal of 3000 TPs. What is the fewest days this can be done in?
Two long haul j on qr is 260, so 5 return trips to jnb via doh plus a little more, so could be done in about a week
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:43 am
Original Poster

As well as fewest days to 3000 TPs, I was also looking at it the other way - ie how many TPs can be fitted into eg 7 days.

The simplest suggestion of daily trips LHR-JFK-LHR in F starting Sat am, ending back in LHR on Fri nets 2520 TP for 7 days of travel. Add a 40TP local pair onto each of these takes it to a round 3000 TPs. Total price around £43k for distant future dates. Ouch! Could optimise it a bit by nesting tickets, especially the outer ticket for BAH double TPs.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: AC 50K, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
My favorite TP run nets 240 TP in one day, without leaving my time zone and allowing me to sleep in my own bed.
13 of those would be enough to get over 3,000 TP.

If you'd be fine with sleeping on a plane, it's definitely possible to shorted that.
My first thought would be chaining a bunch of TATL F flights while filling the time between them with short-hauls.
This peaked my curiosity, what is your favourite TP route, if you don't mind me asking.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Days of flying or days of the trip?
Days away from home
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
4 months for me, but I average 6 months for renewals.
I just realised that I totally misunderstood the question.

Blaming the beer and footy chats…

MAN-LHR-JFK-LAX return in F BAH 1840TPs
MAN-LHR-JFK return in F BAH 1000TPs
LHR-MAN-LHR x2 to position for the above 160TPs

Approx £8k and 11 days of your life.
mikeyfly, crazy8534, jaro and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
In the good old days before the AA F TP devaluation I could do a day trip (18 hrs) from BWI to LAX and return for 560 TPs (just 360 TPs now).
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Getting 2700 or so in about 14 days using one of the rtw in F ex cairos
Foofighter69 and vulle like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Getting 2700 or so in about 14 days using one of the rtw in F ex cairos
Intrigued! Route and cost?
vulle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.