Wiki Posts
Search

BA061 LHR - Maldives direct

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC ,VS Flying Club, AMEX MR, A-CLub
BA061 LHR - Maldives direct

Since the beginning of April, BA061 seems to be the old club world on B789 rather than B77W Club Suites.

Is this standard during summer months?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes.

Returns for winter schedule
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes.

Returns for winter schedule
Thanks. I’ve just checked seat map, I was looking forward to seeing the new suites. For three people, is it worth reserving any of the remaining seats?

Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
For a party of 3, the centre 3 seats would be very sociable and allow conversations over dinner.
Not sure what the chances are of getting the 3 seats together if you don't pay - are you all on one ticket?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 10:59 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Nick2010
Thanks. I’ve just checked seat map, I was looking forward to seeing the new suites. For three people, is it worth reserving any of the remaining seats?
With that map I would only bother spending the money reserving seats if I wanted the windows.
If you are three on the same ticket you will almost certainly get a block of three assigned to you in the hidden system behind the scenes. If you are on seperate tickets that won't happen. Even if you don't get a block of three, you can select seats at T-24 I think. If you get no luck there, try not checking in online but doing it at the airport and see if they can do better. If not, and you still want a 3, you will probably be able to get the cabin crew to help you negotiate with other passengers to keep your group together.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:00 am

As said if you’re all on one booking then it’s likely that the system would try and sit you all together which would most likely be in the centre but no guarantee as all of those seats could be paid for in advance. If you are a family with a child then that would probably also swing it a bit more. Also when are you travelling? If it’s next week then the probability of this would be very different to if it’s much further out.

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I think this config works well for a flight to somewhere like the Maldives. We had a 787 in this config to and from MLE last year and because most passengers were in groups, very few dividers were up and it’s much easier to look after children.

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
13DEF - better than the others as they are away from the (sometimes noisy) galley.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:06 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
06DEF or 10DEF - You don't have anyone climbing over D or F, but E has to climb over 07DF or 11DF.
07DEF or 13DEF - D and F have people climbing over, E has an unobstructed exit. However, row 13 will end up with what is leftover of the meal choices for anyone without status.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Not flying until June, so a way off. Family of three but child is 18.

i had a quick look at price of front three seats with avios - 69,450!!!

I’ll wait until check-in
1Aturnleft and ThatT1Feeling like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:11 am

Make sure you check the Aerolopa seating plan as the MMB version is a little economical with the location of toilets - https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-789

Row 10 has a couple of toilets in front of it, which may or may not be an issue.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Nick2010
Not flying until June, so a way off. Family of three but child is 18.

i had a quick look at price of front three seats with avios - 69,450!!!

I’ll wait until check-in
Maybe worth saving your money and taking a chance that as a minimum you get 2 seats together. With an 18 year old they may prefer that anyway😜 June isn’t that far out so you may have a reasonable chance bearing in mind the price of seat selection.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoNorth
Maybe worth saving your money and taking a chance that as a minimum you get 2 seats together. With an 18 year old they may prefer that anyway😜 June isn’t that far out so you may have a reasonable chance bearing in mind the price of seat selection.
I should move them to economy and save all the decision making :-)
Old Apr 28, 2024, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greg5
06DEF or 10DEF - You don't have anyone climbing over D or F, but E has to climb over 07DF or 11DF.
07DEF or 13DEF - D and F have people climbing over, E has an unobstructed exit. However, row 13 will end up with what is leftover of the meal choices for anyone without status.
I’m still trying to get my head round where all the stepping over happens. But I think I have it now. If we are in 6 or 10 DEF, nobody will step over any of us, but E will step over people on D&F in the row behind.

I’ve re-read your message and I get it now. I think I was confused by where people got out of their seat

greg5, mikeyfly and Yetak like this.

Last edited by Nick2010; Apr 29, 2024 at 4:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.