Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

MU - SVO-DPS - 142692 RUB / $1556 r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Not sure about posting this since this isn't the place for politics, but I guess I'll take my chances and hope people are civil. This fare is about a month old, but hasn't had any availability until now. Moscow, Russia (SVO) to Denpasar, Indonesia (Bali)(DPS) on China Eastern (MU) - 142692 RUB / $1556 USD roundtrip in business.

Flights are available at the end of May through June 2024 - flight needs to be ticketed 28 days in advance. No minimum stay. 4 stopovers permitted at 1200 CNY each.

Check whether Visa on Arrival is still possible. Last year there was talk about requiring Russians to obtain a Visa before arriving - https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/18/asia/...hnk/index.html

SVO-XIY-PVG-DPS-PVG-SVO
14210 Miles / $1556 USD Roundtrip
10.95 cents USD per Mile Flown

I'm not sure you'll receive airline credit for the SVO-China flight if crediting to a US / European airline program due to the sanctions. You'll have to read the terms of the Delta / Flying Blue / Virgin Atlantic, or whatever Western airline program you plan to credit to.

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...7vWdSW9ovv1vT9
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...3BHAr3bQzx6KJ9
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...v8q1JeoSR41Qv8

Google Flights - Screenshot
Spoiler

ITA Matrix - Screenshot
Spoiler

Routing Rules
Spoiler

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

Pedersens likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Miles aside, someone in Moscow might be interested in getting out to Bali for a while. It's my understanding that it's become a haven for Russian expats (some of who behave badly, but whatever), so I'm guessing they still feel welcome there. Whatever anyone's politics, it must suck to try to travel when many look askance at your government's actions. I experienced it a bit during the worst of America's wars in the middle east, and I'm not even from here!

Anyway, with the stopovers, it's a nice getaway fare.
cruser1, de1337ed and PLeblond like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:04 pm

Ive checked through some of the fare rules (as well as read some of the sanctions), and does look like this would not credit to any EU or NA carrier, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by AMOCT; Apr 28, 2024 at 8:09 pm Reason: mis typed
Old Apr 28, 2024, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Miles aside, someone in Moscow might be interested in getting out to Bali for a while. It's my understanding that it's become a haven for Russian expats (some of who behave badly, but whatever), so I'm guessing they still feel welcome there. Whatever anyone's politics, it must suck to try to travel when many look askance at your government's actions. I experienced it a bit during the worst of America's wars in the middle east, and I'm not even from here!

Anyway, with the stopovers, it's a nice getaway fare.
I agree with this. It might just be good to get away from home for a few days or head somewhere warmer than Moscow.

To your second point, I have had people in other countries question me because of stuff Trump did or said, which wasn't always enjoyable. I just wanted to crawl under a rock. I'm not responsible for the governments actions!
AJNEDC, notsosmart and Pedersens like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Hopefully works the other way for all the russians that are getting deported from here right now
Old May 2, 2024, 5:05 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Do the Chinese airlines still require masks? That’s a question not been asked for a while…
Old May 2, 2024, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Last year in April (2023) China ended their mask mandate on public transport, so I don't believe you have to.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by cruser1
SVO-XIY-PVG-DPS-PVG-SVO
14210 Miles / $1556 USD Roundtrip
10.95 cents USD per Mile Flown

I think with the XIY-PVG segment a Chinese visa is needed though...
Old May 3, 2024, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shek3112
I think with the XIY-PVG segment a Chinese visa is needed though...
Probably true. Pick a flight with one stop then.

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...kSn4AauJe6xxQ6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.