Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Payment Refund Question after Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Seat Payment Refund Question after Upgrade

Apologies -- I know this has been asked but I can't find the thread.

I was able to find an Avios upgrade (used 241 voucher) from business to first for a flight to LHR next week. We had paid for seat selection for the business seats, and I know I have applied and received a refund when I bought an AUP for previous flights, but I'm not sure if I'm eligible to have these fees refunded, as I bought the upgrade ahead of time -- that is to say, not at the airport on the day of the flight. The phone agent said the seat fees are not refundable, (I know that normally they are not) but I know many here who are more fully informed than many agents. Kindly, please advise, and thanks in advance.
Old May 6, 2024, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I'm not sure you are eligible for a refund for an avios upgrade. You clearly are for an AUP, POUG, or fare difference. You could also apply for the refund and see what happens.
See:
​​​​​​Refund of seat fees
JayeJ likes this.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; May 6, 2024 at 10:22 pm Reason: Initially misread the post as having done an AUP
Old May 6, 2024, 10:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The seat payment refund form is here

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...ing_claim_form

One of the options is that you purchased an upgrade. You could try using that
JayeJ likes this.

Last edited by scottishpoet; May 7, 2024 at 3:08 am
Old May 7, 2024, 12:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
"You have 30 days after the last flight in your itinerary to apply for a refund."
JayeJ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.