Wiki Posts
Search

Changing domestic flight connection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Changing domestic flight connection

Hey,
I've seen it mentioned on here that the domestic connections to international flights are booked as the equivalent of flexichange flights - i.e. can change to earlier/later flights.

Assuming so, is this something that the call centre can change on the day, or have to ask at the airport?

Partner booked TT through corporate portal which only allowed selection of flights with shortest connection, and wondering if it can be changed to an earlier flight.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rtv4
Hey,
I've seen it mentioned on here that the domestic connections to international flights are booked as the equivalent of flexichange flights - i.e. can change to earlier/later flights.

Assuming so, is this something that the call centre can change on the day, or have to ask at the airport?

Partner booked TT through corporate portal which only allowed selection of flights with shortest connection, and wondering if it can be changed to an earlier flight.
I have only been successful asking at the airport immediately prior to travel. My sister (Gold Elite) asked for a change a few days prior to the first sector WLG-AKL-HNL to de-stress the connection time and was told this basically required a re-pricing of the outbound sectors, and it was hundreds…. she declined.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Apr 23, 2024 at 7:46 pm Reason: added GE status of pax
Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:44 pm

I've asked via Whatsapp successfully and they mentioned something that usually this is chargable but they will waive the fee for this instance.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 10:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
They're changeable on the day at the airport. I don't know if you'll have any luck calling on the day and changing without paying (at minimum) a service fee.

They are not actually promoted or advertised as flexi fares - but making them flexi allows check-in staff to easily change these flights in case of a disrupt.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Cheers all for the input,
I imagine calling / WhatsApp in advance and hoping for a fee waiver wouldn't work due to it being a third party corporate booking.

Will give the call centre a try on the day and report back, else will ask again at the airport.

​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.