Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Last minute award RT change becomes nasty encounter with non-Medallion agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM

I called in at about 7pm tonight from the phone of a friend who does not have status, no evident way to enter my credentials.

Problem: award return segment booking tomorrow, wanted to change date, online tool has been pricing a change that should be +7K or so as 140K etc by forcing into NY.

First agent began helpful but after 1/2 hour went in circles and had no ideas when they couldn’t figure out the pricing problem. When I asked for a supervisor I’m pretty sure they were working from home and handed their phone to friend who immediately told me “I’ve been listening in on the conversation” “pricing changes happen all the time, it’s Revenue management,” made more stuff up about fares that make no sense, then refused to do anything and essentially told me to pound sand and hung up on my.

Called back in from my phone, got a 7m not 1h15m wait time, explained situation again agent who transferred me to ticketing team.

Ticketing team member took about 5m to rebook at expected +7K price, which was what came up in their system.

Other than the mess (“never seen that before”), I was blatantly lied to and insulted by an agent, who IMO probably can’t be retrained if they’re going to make stuff up.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Remember, its always easier to make up reasons why youre an idiot than learning how to do their own jobs properly. Its the Delta way.
hhdl and hockeystl like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you know it "should have been" +7K miles? Awards work like revenue fares these days and vary based on O&D and are subject to advance purchase requirements, bucket inventory availability (they've duplicated revenue fare buckets with equivalent award buckets and mostly duplicated revenue fare filings), and so forth.
hhdl and Adam1222 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
How do you know it "should have been" +7K miles? Awards work like revenue fares these days and vary based on O&D and are subject to advance purchase requirements, bucket inventory availability (they've duplicated revenue fare buckets with equivalent award buckets and mostly duplicated revenue fare filings), and so forth.
I submit the fact that an actual agent made the change for the amount as definitive proof of my ontological claim.

( Yes, I could have been wrong, and I told the ticketing agent that when we started. But I wasn't, and the first call agents had a duty to figure out what was going wrong -- or just fix it. The ticketing agent just fixed it. )

Last edited by kthomas; Apr 23, 2024 at 9:20 pm
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLATL777
Remember, its always easier to make up reasons why youre an idiot than learning how to do their own jobs properly. Its the Delta way.
I've had lots of agents who required HUCA for whatever reason.

Making up general nonsense about how fares work to CYA when you have no clue is just fraud, and a new one on me, at least from Delta.

I expect neither person knew what the ticketing team was (and alas, I was too preoccupied with other things to refer them-- it's their job to know). And as I said, I strongly suspect the second person was just a friend ("I *work for Delta*, she screamed!)
hockeystl likes this.

Last edited by kthomas; Apr 23, 2024 at 9:21 pm
Old Apr 25, 2024, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Also FWIW: this RT like most RTs could have been booked as two OWs, thus avoiding any problem / annoyance like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.