Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight, BA rebooked with 45 min connection at T5 what do do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Qantas Plat, IHG Spire Elite

Woke up this morning, plan was BA813, CPH-LHR at 11:00 and then connect to BA836 LHR-DUB at 14:45. Message from BA saying that 1st flight cancelled and gave me the option to move to BA815 connecting to BA830, accepted the change and then looked again and it only has a 45 min connection. Should I just go for it and hope I'll make it or should I call BA and get a longer connection.

Advice welcome
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by iwanm
Woke up this morning, plan was BA813, CPH-LHR at 11:00 and then connect to BA836 LHR-DUB at 14:45. Message from BA saying that 1st flight cancelled and gave me the option to move to BA815 connecting to BA830, accepted the change and then looked again and it only has a 45 min connection. Should I just go for it and hope I'll make it or should I call BA and get a longer connection.

Advice welcome
Quite surprised it even proposed this to you. 45 mins is under MCT. You will most likely be rebooked on a later LHR-DUB flight some time between now and when you land. You can always try to be proactive and call to fix this. Should be possible to get on an Aer Lingus flight to save you waiting around for the 824 at 18:05.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: Some
Well, unfortunately the minimum connection time at T5 for this itinerary is now 75 minutes so the BA system shouldn’t have let you book this connection (likely a not uncommon BA IT issue). I would check if there are any other connections that work for you and be getting on the phone to BA ASAP as there is a likelihood you are autorebooked on a different flight if the system picks up this is not a legal connection.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I would ring and change it. unless you are early, you simply won't make that.

there is availability on later BA and EI flights.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Well, unfortunately the minimum connection time at T5 for this itinerary is now 75 minutes so the BA system shouldn’t have let you book this connection (likely a not uncommon BA IT issue). I would check if there are any other connections that work for you and be getting on the phone to BA ASAP as there is a likelihood you are autorebooked on a different flight if the system picks up this is not a legal connection.
short haul to UK/JER/DUB is still 60.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35872779-post988.html
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It's not really your job to understand and check MCT, and on one ticket there is essentially zero risk of not getting to Dublin. I'd let it ride, fail conformance, and get rebooked at the transfer desk, although you may find the system does that for you anyway. There's no real point I can see in hanging on the telephone to sort it out. I agree with KARFA that there's no chance at all of making the flight.

Do have a look at EC261 when the dust settles, depending on what happens.
KARFA and adrianlondon like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:00 am

i agree with that bisonrav . i think my only caution on it is some of the later flights are a bit tight on availability. it's possible by the time the OP lands and officially misses BA830 and if they want to stay on BA, that the next one BA824 is zeroed out. it is currently:

BA 824, 1805-1930
J2 C0 D0 R0 I0 Y1 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 N0 O0 Q0 S0 G0
bisonrav and adrianlondon like this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Qantas Plat, IHG Spire Elite
Ok, so my colleague spoke to our travel agent and we are now on the 817 departing CPH at 15:55 connecting to the 824 arriving in Dublin at 19:30. 1 hr 10 min connection so confirms what Karfa said that short haul to UK/JER/DUB is still 60.

Anyone know why BA813 was cancelled? I guess the EU261 could buy me some beer as a consolation....
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Incoming flight BA812 was cancelled this morning., hence BA813 also cancelled.

Most likely you would not have been able or allowed to check-in w/ on 45min at LHR, so CPH airport staff would have had to rebook to the later LHR-DUB flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.