Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR SEA - CPT (business) sub 4500 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)

I'm seeing sporadic availability on QR in business from SEA to CPT for around $4500 pp. Not as good as some of the deals I had at the tail end of Covid or before Covid but it's actually pretty decent compared to normal price imo. It books either into R or I depending on the dates. We managed to score 2 tix in I which gives about 65K LPs. As EP you'd need to spend almost 6000 USD to get this number of LPs so you're "saving" some 1.5K USD and you get to fly QR. Note that the layovers are brutal but QR will give you a hotel cause these are shortest possible layovers and both are 8+ hours. You should look it up on QR web page b/c google flights does not seem to show full availability. Sample dates: July 4, 2024 to July 13, 2024 in I @ $4,443 USD. Would have been a real steal @3K (what we paid to Maldives in 2022) but @4.4K is not terrible hence I decided to post.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Sorry, but that’s not a good deal at all. US to South Africa can be had a lot cheaper. I can find SEA-CPT on Turkish for $3300, see for example: https://www.oojo.com/booking/14d4466...SrK7KRpj_QECHg
TechMarauder likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by cfischer
Sorry, but that’s not a good deal at all. US to South Africa can be had a lot cheaper. I can find SEA-CPT on Turkish for $3300, see for example: https://www.oojo.com/booking/14d4466...SrK7KRpj_QECHg
I agree although recently did this flight on TK and wasn’t impressed with service, food, seats or lounge but would use them if savings are significant.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I agree although recently did this flight on TK and wasn’t impressed with service, food, seats or lounge but would use them if savings are significant.
if you are not impressed with TK food and the IST lounge then you are difficult to please! 789 and 359 are outstanding planes as well, the 333s and 773s granted are getting a bit tired. That said, not all QR planes are great either.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
It seems that you can get the fare to $3850 after the northern hemisphere summer. Good for you guys if you fly *A or you're free agent. Based on random searches, for us OW flyers, this might seem like a good deal. Plus the Q-suite, on at least the SEA-DOH legs, is a huge benefit for me. I'd argue it's the best hard product out there esp. if you're travelling with a SO and get the quad chair.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by cfischer
if you are not impressed with TK food and the IST lounge then you are difficult to please! 789 and 359 are outstanding planes as well, the 333s and 773s granted are getting a bit tired. That said, not all QR planes are great either.
I found the seats to be uncomfortable and the lounge was always packed but the lounge food was nice. Only having beer and wine for an international flagship lounge is a letdown with a 9 hour layover.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow prices have gone up since covid. I remember scoring QR J LAX-JRO/CPT for under $2300 October 2020.
cruser1 and worldtraveller73 like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Wow prices have gone up since covid. I remember scoring QR J LAX-JRO/CPT for under $2300 October 2020.
Fare inflation seems proportional to airline reward programs. Come over to the UA area and see how fun we are having.
FlyingFrZ, cruser1 and Flyhigh123 like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC & HH
Can confirm last year it was $3100. I hope sub-$3500 J to South Africa fares are still available this year... hopefully it's just early in the season.
Old May 5, 2024, 9:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K
i remember when QR had those great fares from US to Asia in J. This was pre-pandemic. Bummer that they have never returned.
cruser1 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Is there a website where I can see broadly what planes QR flies to the USA? Because on the limited routes that I looked they were 777W which were the older style J seats and as stated a bit tired.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:45 am
Formerly known as tireman77

For the past few years NS there seems to pup up YUL-CPT/JNB fares in the sub $3,500CAD ($2,600USD), somtimes on *ST sometimes on *A.

Currently offered at $4,100CAD/$3,000UDS) DL/KQ combo.

Maybe keep an eye out for that.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:53 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by chichow
Is there a website where I can see broadly what planes QR flies to the USA? Because on the limited routes that I looked they were 777W which were the older style J seats and as stated a bit tired.
From reading here even if one finds flights with Q-suites, QR is notorious for last minute equipment substitutions to older layouts. The reaction by people on FT is usually total outrage and a desire for massive compensation and as if they were subjected to conditions akin to human trafficking. Personally, I file it under: caveat emptor and poop happens; it's still J and orders of magnitutde better than Y.
Old May 6, 2024, 9:22 am
Original Poster

My experience is that on US routes I've always had Q-suites. On other routes it was hit and miss and I experienced AC changes. Once I got lucky and after calling they rebooked me on a flight day earlier that had Q-suites after the AC swap. Had an extra day in Australia and more comfortable ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.