Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever Skiplagged M&M award to get a direct flight on TK? Dupe Check?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

For some reason there is no award availability for direct flights for business class flights from A->B bookable through LH miles-and-more. However if I add another random destination in a neighboring country, all of a sudden I get business class availability for an award flight A->B->C. The business class on that airline is far superior than anything LH offers through award flights and it is a direct flight, and only traveling with a carry-on in business I don't believe I would be asked to check the baggage in. My biggest fear is if there will be any issues at customs, or having having another inter-regional segment on that same airline booked from B->D (D being my final destination but no award flights go there) with the same passenger name. Would the airline call me out for being double booked out of connecting airport B?

Edit: US passport landing in Istanbul but buying a ticket to Georgia. Final destination in TK.

Last edited by hemmamm; May 6, 2024 at 2:51 am
Old May 6, 2024, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No issue. Go ahead!
Old May 6, 2024, 1:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since you are vague about the the country and provide no info on your nationality I'm afraid you will not get any valueable response. If you have an US passport and would attempt this in an EU hub, no one would bat an eyelid. Also dupe check procedures on airlines vary wildly, LH would catch the fact that you have a flight in parallel from the same hub around the same time.
Old May 6, 2024, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since you are vague about the the country and provide no info on your nationality I'm afraid you will not get any valueable response. If you have an US passport and would attempt this in an EU hub, no one would bat an eyelid. Also dupe check procedures on airlines vary wildly, LH would catch the fact that you have a flight in parallel from the same hub around the same time.
Yes US passport landing in Istanbul but buying a ticket to Georgia. Final destination in TK.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
TK couldn't care less if you abandon your trip upon arrival at IST and "miss" the flight to TBS or Batumi. Buying a TK domestic ticket should not be an issue.
hemmamm likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:22 am

If it's a rt and you skip at IST enroute to TBS, then your return from IST will be cancelled.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:04 pm

I'm also trying to do this - we have JFK-IST-KTM award in J booked with an 8hr layover in IST - but now want to skip the IST-KTM and take a cash Y ticket onward to a European destination 4hrs after landing..
Should we be able to OLCI for the IST-Europe ticket, if not will we have issues at the transfer desk having dupe flights? (US passports, carry on only as I doubt we can ask to check only to IST, and then re-check)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.