Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Ditching the last flight of a round trip with a twist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

I will be flying LAS - LHR - DUB (in November), arriving at LHR at 1500 and scheduled to depart at 1820, and arrive in DUB at 1940. I'd like to ditch the LHR - DUB leg and instead book LHR - OTP (1745 - 2300) on the same day. While I have ditched the last leg of a flight before on BA, I have never wanted an overlapping booking like this. Is this possible while booking in advance? Would it be polite to un-check-in myself from the LHR - DUB flight? If so, at what point should I do so?
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
No issue booking whatever you want is overlapping. Yes it would be polite to uncheck yourself and as you know youll need to be hbo.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Apr 27, 2024, 12:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I really think that airlines frown upon passengers ditching flights - even if insured, getting the aeroplane replaced or repaired takes time
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Wouldn't they see that you have a double booking and cancel the newest one? UA did that to me (in my case, I just forgot to cancel the first one...had intended to).
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Wouldn't they see that you have a double booking and cancel the newest one? UA did that to me (in my case, I just forgot to cancel the first one...had intended to).
BA will not do this for any other booking, only if its clearly a duplicate booking on the same flight(s). I dont think UA do either, only if at least one sector is on the same flight.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 12:25 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
even a duplicate booking on the same flight doesn't seem to provoke BA to pro-actively cancel one. in that instance the main issue is you need to cancel one before olci opens.

for overlapping bookings on separate flights i haven't heard of any issues before with BA cancelling one, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
BA will not do this for any other booking, only if it‘s clearly a duplicate booking on the same flight(s). I don‘t think UA do either, only if at least one sector is on the same flight.
That’s nice of BA. UA absolutely will cancel an “impossible” booking (where you couldn’t fly the first trip and the second trip).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.