Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CDG to lose First Class after winter schedule change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM

Upon checking EF, CX261/260 will be operated by 359 instead of 77A on/after Oct 28. This change marks a decease in premium seats (F6J51W34 to J38W38) and overall capacity (294 seats to 280 seats).

I found it completely strange, I have taken CX261/260 at least a dozen times since Jan 2023, F/J cabins have always been full. Paris was the second route to resume F service after LHR.

is this a real change or part of slow practice CX’s known for updating upcoming schedule?
Old May 9, 2024, 12:57 am

Let's patiently wait until September.

By the way we've got a new one thread joining this list:
BKK-SIN not operating post October '24?
CX only plans one daily HKG-LAX in W24?
Premium Economy to India
brunos and HarbourGent like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reply1984
Let's patiently wait until September.

By the way we've got a new one thread joining this list:
BKK-SIN not operating post October '24?
CX only plans one daily HKG-LAX in W24?
Premium Economy to India
CX currently offers first class to PEK, HND, CDG, LAX, LHR and JFK, CDG is the only route getting axed.

i think it’s worth noticing after all.
Old May 9, 2024, 1:24 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by fredx
Upon checking EF, CX261/260 will be operated by 359 instead of 77A on/after Oct 28. This change marks a decease in premium seats (F6J51W34 to J38W38) and overall capacity (294 seats to 280 seats).

I found it completely strange, I have taken CX261/260 at least a dozen times since Jan 2023, F/J cabins have always been full. Paris was the second route to resume F service after LHR.

is this a real change or part of slow practice CX’s known for updating upcoming schedule?
I had heard from the airport manager, this might happen as the route hasn't been performing, but as another poster said let's wait and see what happens when schedules are finalised. We might see the A359 and 77W with first switch between FRA & CDG.
Old May 9, 2024, 4:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
HND and PEK also not selling first class in W24

Rumors that PEK could be inaugural destination for the new products (makes a lot of sense to me)
Old May 9, 2024, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
HND and PEK also not selling first class in W24

Rumors that PEK could be inaugural destination for the new products (makes a lot of sense to me)
Seatmap shows PEK/HND still will be operated by 77A however first class indeed isn’t sold atm.

I’m not surprised that CX chooses PEK to launch Aria Suite given its unique status, they need to work out all the kinks before putting it on long haul flight anyways. PEK is being served by two daily 77A now, only CX386/391offers F while CX332/331 lets DM/GO in J select F seats for free (woohoo!). I assume they would put Aria Suite on CX332/331 frequency?
Old May 9, 2024, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
CX F HKG-LHR is HKD175,000 give or take
BA F HKG-LHR is HKD55,000 give or take.

Now of course CX F is better than BA F (IMHO), but 3x better, I don't think so........

Yet another of the multiple pricing "anomalies" (being polite) that I assume are moving many passengers away from CX metal if sensible options exist.

Apologies for slightly off topic.
TomYoung likes this.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Conkers
CX F HKG-LHR is HKD175,000 give or take
BA F HKG-LHR is HKD55,000 give or take.

Now of course CX F is better than BA F (IMHO), but 3x better, I don't think so........

Yet another of the multiple pricing "anomalies" (being polite) that I assume are moving many passengers away from CX metal if sensible options exist.

Apologies for slightly off topic.
For departure late may, return mid-June , BA F HKD55k, CX F HKD93k.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Those booking on CX F revenue tickets tend not to care what the price is....

And the other 99% FTers are most likely just booking J + using vouchers or AM to upgrade.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CC, HH DM, SQ SLTRE, BonvoyTit, UK SL, VS Wings, UA, DL, AA
LHR is also losing 1 of 2 daily F operations with CX 253/254 showing downgrade to 3 cabin 77W in winter schedule. This was also the case for summer schedule but reversed in April, so who knows. With CX schedule changing the way they do. Perhaps this has something to do with Aria suites coming to LHR and removing F from those aircraft? A real shame and one of the reasons I am personally not going for 1600 tier points this year - which otherwise I would have and option to switch flights to SQ to retain my solitaire status
Old May 10, 2024, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
The continuous delays in 777X is creating havoc on CX planning.
EK and LH CEOs now plan 777X delivery not before 2016, whatever Boeing says.
Old May 11, 2024, 1:26 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Originally Posted by brunos
For departure late may, return mid-June , BA F HKD55k, CX F HKD93k.
Yes, I was quoting for December peak season but I'd still take 55k over 93k!

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Those booking on CX F revenue tickets tend not to care what the price is....

And the other 99% FTers are most likely just booking J + using vouchers or AM to upgrade.
Fair enough, but I couldn't get J class to use bookable upgrades on the dates I needed hence went for a cash purchase. Whilst CX F cash buyers may not be price sensitive, I still think the difference is pretty shocking.
Old May 11, 2024, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by avm2806
A real shame and one of the reasons I am personally not going for 1600 tier points this year
Hmmm...that's a good point. I should consider. However, I am already at 1,178 Status Points with 7 months to go until end of membership year. According to original plan, I was going to end up at 1,601.
Old May 16, 2024, 1:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by brunos
EK and LH CEOs now plan 777X delivery not before 2016, whatever Boeing says.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.