Wiki Posts
Search

+++Plus size First pyjama top

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Question +++Plus size First pyjama top

Hi
I'm not happy to say, I currently need large and long clothes to wear.
I am trying to do something about my overweightness - but for now need to live as best I can.
Is there any chance that BA will carry very large size pyjamas ? Currently, for a T-shirt I need a 3 or 4XL and normally in a long fitting.
I can of course take my own baggy t-shirt - but thought PJs might be a nice touch.
Thanks
Old May 9, 2024, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The extra large size is how can I put it politely, huge and long but I would take your own just in case.
uanj, DiamondMile, becks1 and 3 others like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take your own. I had to use a pair of mediums as nothing bigger left and it wasn't massively comfortable.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
They tend to come up big but sorry to say I don't think that big so you will likely have to bring your own. When I take BA PJs they are L and I am a XL T-shirt. Not even sure they carry XL.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by richard9
Hi
I'm not happy to say, I currently need large and long clothes to wear.
I am trying to do something about my overweightness - but for now need to live as best I can.
Is there any chance that BA will carry very large size pyjamas ? Currently, for a T-shirt I need a 3 or 4XL and normally in a long fitting.
I can of course take my own baggy t-shirt - but thought PJs might be a nice touch.
Thanks
I am currently 2 x XL and I find the BA First pyjama top tight and always take my own T shirt to wear - the L trousers are ok for me.
becks1 and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Okay - thanks for your speedy replies.
So this trip will be in my own garb - but at least I have a target to trim down to.
Sunny day to you all
Old May 9, 2024, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
I wouldn't trust them to have stock of any particular sizes at all. Last twice I travelled F they had no mediums.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:05 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I have never received anything bigger than L despite asking for XL each time

At 6' 3" and 15 stone, L is actually big enough for me which supports the other comments about the sizes coming up quite big. I'd bring your own t shirt if you're much bigger than me though.
Howard Long and becks1 like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I take a pair of chino shorts and a t-shirt to change into after take-off. I find the pyjama fabric is too abrasive for anything I'd want to wear or indeed sleep in and I hate that they are full length trousers and t-shirts. I also find the trousers larger than the top which is also not great if you're broad shouldered IME.
Old May 9, 2024, 6:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Unfortunately BA pyjamas are the only time I'm medium anything.
aks120, becks1, aristoph and 3 others like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess I’m under a false impression of what is huge.🤭
Old May 9, 2024, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
I am a little despondent with this thread. I order medium pyjamas and they are a good fit. Now it looks like "medium" uses rose tinted glasses.
Old May 9, 2024, 7:53 am

Isn’t a M&S size 10 what used to be size 16 a few years ago! The only thing getting smaller is car park spaces.
1Aturnleft and OGG flyer like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spaces aren’t getting smaller it’s those awful large cars everyone’s driving that cause the problems!
beamac, bafan, bibbju and 3 others like this.
Old May 9, 2024, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
No XL... unless you fly Emirates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.