FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Air Adding New Nonstop Jet Flights from Boise and Spokane to California
Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:01 pm
Chugach

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by JayManLB
Today, Easter Sunday, 4/8/2007, I saw a Horizon Air CRJ on approach into LGB. Interestingly, there is no announcement or news about new service from Horizon from LGB. As I understand LGB has very strict slot rules, and has to announce destinations 90-120 days from the date an application for slots has been approved, and then they have another short period of time to actually operate those slots, otherwise, they will lose their significant deposit with the city, and the slots will go to another airline. In addition, we are still waiting on the status of a new airline, BAG Holdings, to announce its intentions to serve LGB or forfeit slots. Anyone with insider information??
I believe Horizon's CRJ's are slot exempt due to their size. The slots control mainline aircraft. When SEA-LGB was first started, it was all QX because AS hadn't secured the slots. As soon as the slots were acquired it became an AS station.