FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Air Adding New Nonstop Jet Flights from Boise and Spokane to California
Old Apr 11, 2007, 9:50 am
QXFAPDX

Originally Posted by johnp012001
I agree, and love the fact that we're seeing more destinations. However, there are other routes that used to be all AS that are now QX/AS or just QX, including PDX-OAK/SMF/SFO, and as you mentioned ONT and BUR. The (relatively) recent additions of SAN and LAS just added to that feeling. I'm glad to hear that AS is taking back LAS and SAN. Northern CA isn't THAT far on a small plane, and BUR/ONT are kind of thin routes, if you like to fly to those airports I guess you should be glad that you can. But LAS and SAN are pretty long trips on a CR7, and one would think should be able to support AS capacity.
Just curious, but when AS served OAK, SMF and SFO exclusively, how many nonstops did they offer daily before QX entered those markets? I wonder if it is close to the number offered today? Also, I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the QX flights to LAS and SAN where in addition to the AS schedule as AS never operated flights at those times. If that is the case, then AS woudn't be taking them back, just taking them over. I do agree that LAS and SAN are very long on a CR7 though, even for me