FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Air Adding New Nonstop Jet Flights from Boise and Spokane to California
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:39 pm
johnp012001

Originally Posted by QXFAPDX
Just curious, but when AS served OAK, SMF and SFO exclusively, how many nonstops did they offer daily before QX entered those markets? I wonder if it is close to the number offered today? Also, I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the QX flights to LAS and SAN where in addition to the AS schedule as AS never operated flights at those times. If that is the case, then AS woudn't be taking them back, just taking them over. I do agree that LAS and SAN are very long on a CR7 though, even for me
Well, I had 2.5 hours to ponder why a CR7 is so much more uncomfortable than a 73X. LAS-PDX, after we taxied, we spent 20 minutes waiting as they changed the runways they were using. Seats are the same width. Pitch is only about an inch less, not THAT much, right? As my friend was about to climb out of his seat trying to get comfortable, I realized it's the narrow fuselage. The curve is so tight that it's like sitting at the exit row on a 757, with the slide at your feet. So, the added frequency is very nice, especially since the AS flights haven always been at relatively inconvenient times, but I think I'd opt for the AS flights over the added frequencies. It's just a bit too long. Ironically, they had a heck of a time getting 2 people to give up their cramped little seat! For the 940 they were offering choice of getting out on the late night flight, or accomodations and fly out the next morning. Now, if they would only have provided some gambling money!