FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Air Adding New Nonstop Jet Flights from Boise and Spokane to California
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:29 am
CZBB

Originally Posted by eastwest
Obviously, there are limits, but generally speaking, I prefer frequency. I'm willing to cram myself into an RJ (and I'm 6'3") for 2 to 3 hours if it means I get a non-stop vs a connection or if I get added choice in when I depart (aka frequency.)
I agree, I'd rather have the flight on a CRJ than no flight at all. PDX-LAS has got to be 2hrs max (BLI-LAS is 2:25, YVR-LAS is 2:35). I sat on a CRJ700 for 5+ hours (AC's IAH-YYC the longest CRJ flight I'm aware of, bad headwinds and an hour on the ground to takeoff), and it was no worse than being on a 737 or A320.

The CRJ concept has opened routes that would otherwise require a change elsewhere or has allowed more frequency. Would you prefer PDX-SEA (DH8) SEA-SAN (737) vs PDX-SAN on a CRJ?

As QX get more into their fleet, I suspect they'll start a lot of flights to Canadian ski and vacation destinations long and thin from other places in their network. SFO-YLW SFO-YYJ for example as well as more mexico flights from places other than LAX and SEA