Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by rev
Data point:
Applied for the Prestige online and was instantly approved with an $8k limit. Currently have the Premier open with the fee coming soon - also with an $8k limit. Pulled EX, with 6 HPs on that report in the last year (1 Citi), and 13 HPs in the last 2 year (4 Citi). FICO is 761.
I'm in the same boat. I just got off the phone with a rep that said I was not eligible for the 50k bonus since my premier had been open less than 18 months (11). Any info on the validity of this info is appreciated.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by colnan
I'm in the same boat. I just got off the phone with a rep that said I was not eligible for the 50k bonus since my premier had been open less than 18 months (11). Any info on the validity of this info is appreciated.
They said you are ineligible for a Prestige signup bonus due to opening a Premier 11 months ago? Unless you downgraded from a Prestige to a Premier, that does not sound right at all, I would HUCA or ask to speak with a supervisor.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:04 am

How many more months do I have to wait to get the Credit limit increase without requiring a hard pull on my credit? I have had the card for 6 months
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:26 am

Can I Get Two Of These?

AF just posted for my Prestige card. I've already gotten my $250 statement credit for this year. Since I have the in branch card with the $350 AF, by getting the $250 statement credit after the first of 2017, my net cost of keeping it open another year will be $100. If by keeping this open, I can get a second one in 6 months with another sign up bonus, instead of waiting 18 months if I close this one now, paying the $100 is well worth it.

Checked the wiki, but it doesn't mention getting a second Prestige with the first one still open. I don't remember data points about that in this thread either. Maybe no one has had one open long enough to find out?

Anyone have data points on getting a second Prestige sign up bonus while the first Prestige is still open?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
AF just posted for my Prestige card. I've already gotten my $250 statement credit for this year. Since I have the in branch card with the $350 AF, by getting the $250 statement credit after the first of 2017, my net cost of keeping it open another year will be $100. If by keeping this open, I can get a second one in 6 months with another sign up bonus, instead of waiting 18 months if I close this one now, paying the $100 is well worth it.

Checked the wiki, but it doesn't mention getting a second Prestige with the first one still open. I don't remember data points about that in this thread either. Maybe no one has had one open long enough to find out?

Anyone have data points on getting a second Prestige sign up bonus while the first Prestige is still open?
From the app page:

Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 18 months.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA, Avios
Originally Posted by WantsAmex
How many more months do I have to wait to get the Credit limit increase without requiring a hard pull on my credit? I have had the card for 6 months
I would recommend asking Citi through a secure message. They have to tell you about a hard pull legally so the chances of them doing it wrong or not knowing are lowered.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by akcae
From the app page: Quote:
Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 18 months.
But is it possible to have two open TYP cards of the same type? I know it is with AA (or at least AA Plat) but what about TYP? I asked this question at Doctor of Credit and was told he believes this is only possible with the AA cards: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/12-thi...-credit-cards/

If anyone has experience to the contrary though I'd love to hear it!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WantsAmex
Click on the "Request a Credit Limit Increase" link in the account management section. If it doesn't say your credit will be pulled, it will be a soft CLI request. That said, such soft increases are typically minimal ($1,500 to $2,000), per reports here.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:22 am
rev

Originally Posted by bodiddely
But is it possible to have two open TYP cards of the same type? I know it is with AA (or at least AA Plat) but what about TYP? I asked this question at Doctor of Credit and was told he believes this is only possible with the AA cards: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/12-thi...-credit-cards/

If anyone has experience to the contrary though I'd love to hear it!
There's not a lot of people that attempt to do it, so I can't vouch how often it's successful, but I have read a handful of stories from FTers keeping their Premier open past the AF and around month 19 the applied for a second Premier - it would be unusual if they didn't apply the same to the ThankYou card family. The only case I've read about have two simultaneous Prestiges open is on MMS. In his case, though, he applied for a second Prestige 8 days after his last, so he did not get the signup bonus, though he did get approved.

So yes, it's possible to have two of the same card, but you need to wait the 18 months after opening the first one to get the bonus again.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:17 pm

I got my UPS letter saying it was approved. God I hope the FedEx comes in today. I need to book a flight and hotel ASAP.

Citi was not at all helpful when asking for a temporary number.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:43 am

Omg first day with Citi and their customer service / online account link is horrible.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:28 am
rev

Originally Posted by phant0m
Omg first day with Citi and their customer service / online account link is horrible.
How is customer service horrible? It's a pretty simple process I can't imagine what could go wrong. The call has never taken more than a couple minutes.

As far as online goes, I linked my Prestige the other day I finally got an explanation why that never works. The rep said every piece of information needs to be exact, and usually the phone number is the culprit with formatting like (xxx) xxx-xxxx vs xxx-xxx-xxxx, or xxxxxxxxxx. North vs N, Road vs Rd, etc all screw it up, and the system requires verification because of the inconsistency. I agree that part has room for improvement.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rev
How is customer service horrible? It's a pretty simple process I can't imagine what could go wrong. The call has never taken more than a couple minutes.
Well one issue I have is I always feel that my Citi calls get routed to the Philippines. Nothing against the Philippines but I find myself having to repeat basic words time and time again. Very frustrating!
Old Apr 8, 2016, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by akcae
From the app page: Bonus ThankYou Points not available if you have had a Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 18 months.
Yes, of course, but my question related to being able to get the sign up bonus on a second card if I renew my first card and keep it open for 6 more months, so that I haven't opened or closed a card in over 18 months.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by rev
There's not a lot of people that attempt to do it, so I can't vouch how often it's successful, but I have read a handful of stories from FTers keeping their Premier open past the AF and around month 19 the applied for a second Premier - it would be unusual if they didn't apply the same to the ThankYou card family. The only case I've read about have two simultaneous Prestiges open is on MMS. In his case, though, he applied for a second Prestige 8 days after his last, so he did not get the signup bonus, though he did get approved.

So yes, it's possible to have two of the same card, but you need to wait the 18 months after opening the first one to get the bonus again.
I'm confused, you seem to be saying opposite things. Have you read about people getting a second sign up bonus with the first card still open, or not?

Citi will often give out cards where they have no intention of awarding a sign up bonus. And up until recently Citi has been willing to give out additional sign up bonuses on AA cards when someone still had an identical type of card open. What I'm looking for is data points about that with TYPs cards. But it may be too soon to have those data points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.