Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
Credit appears on the billing statement for the month the fee/charge hit. It is not an instantaneous credit that you'll see in the account online, it only applies at close of statement.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!

Summary of reimbursement options by airline

Please edit the wikipost to add your specific knowledge of airlines.

Aer Lingus: Tickets work
Air Asia: Tickets worked booked on airline site.
Air Canada: Tickets (via travel agent) work. Bag fees work
Air France: Award fees work
Alaska Airlines: Tickets work. In-flight food does not. Gift certificates do not.
Allegiant: Tickets work, with effort.
Atlantic Airways: Tickets work.
American Airlines: Gift certificates work. Status challenge payment works. In-flight food works. Tickets Work Baggage Fees at Airport works.
ANA: Award taxes
Avianca: Upgrade fees work.
British Airways: Tickets work.
Cebu Pacific: Tickets and bag fees work.
China Airlines: Tickets work.
Delta: Bag fees work. Tickets work. Gift cards work.
Emirates: Gift shop purchases work.
Etihad: Award taxes/fees work
EVA: Sky Shop
Frontier: Ticketing online works 6/18/17
Hawaiian: Bag fees work.
JetBlue: Bag fees work. Tickets work.
KLM: Tickets work.
Korean Air: Ticket (via travel agent) works.
Lufthansa: Tickets work.
Malaysia Airlines: Tickets Work
Qatar Airways: Tickets work.
Turkish Airlines: Tickets work. Upgrade fees work.
Southwest: Gift certificates work. Award fees work. In-flight meal purchases do not work.
Sun Country: Tickets work.
Thomas Cook Airlines: flight from UK to USA, priced in GBP, worked
United: Gift certificates work. Tickets work.
Virgin Atlantic: taxes+YQ for award ticket worked
Points + Cash booking via TY portal: Yes, after manual request.
Print Wikipost

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

If I buy $250 worth of delta e-certificate ( a form of delta gift card) using citi prestige, would I get the statement credit as airline fee credit?

And since delta gift card purchase is charged by delta, I can get 750 points for buying $250 delta e-certificate, right?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if you purchase $250 American Airlines gift card , you would get $250 airline fee statement credit?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:13 am
Original Poster

just bought a $100 delta e-giftcard....

... will report back when the reimbursement is posted.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:13 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements.

How exactly can I get the 250$ benefit each year?
Buying tickets alone?
Taxes alone?
Gift cards (ala Amex Plat)?

Thanks
The wiki does not break this out separately

EDIT
Sorry, I started reading backwards, as I thought recent stuff will be at the end
When I went to the first page, it seems that ANY fee on ANY airline for ANYthing is covered.
Anyone with an opposite data point please correct me.

Last edited by mia; Oct 26, 2015 at 11:21 am Reason: Reset
Old May 31, 2015, 5:06 pm

I have a question regarding the $250 annual airline credit and using points for airfare redemptions.

Lets say I buy a ticket on AA for $330.

1. Is the $250 statement automatically applied to it or I have to manually request it?

2. In addition to getting the above credit, can I also use points at 1.6 cent/point on the same ticket?

3. If yes, do I need to use 5000 points for the balance $80 in airfare or can I use 20625 points for the full $330 the ticket costs?

Thanks
Old May 31, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by Campath
1. Is the $250 statement automatically applied to it or I have to manually request it?

The statement credit is automatically applied at the closing of that current month's statement. I'm not too sure about the answers for questions 2&3.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by Campath
I have a question regarding the $250 annual airline credit and using points for airfare redemptions.

Lets say I buy a ticket on AA for $330.

2. In addition to getting the above credit, can I also use points at 1.6 cent/point on the same ticket?

3. If yes, do I need to use 5000 points for the balance $80 in airfare or can I use 20625 points for the full $330 the ticket costs?

Thanks

Originally Posted by ComplexAnalysis
The statement credit is automatically applied at the closing of that current month's statement. I'm not too sure about the answers for questions 2&3.
To get $250 credit, you have to purchase your ticket directly from an airline.

To use TY points to purchase your AA ticket, you need to book it through TY travel portal. This transaction does not show up as an airline charge and thus not eligible for the $250 credit.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:58 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by AugustWest
And two related questions:
1) Does the airline credit cover airline gift certificates?
2) Can you spend the 50K TY points to buy $800 worth of AA gift cards, or does it have to go for actual flights?

There seems to be quite the opportunity if yes to these and the AF refund.
You use the points only through the citi travel center, which is NOT a gift card shop.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Citi Prestige

1. Is the 100k PROMO still available? I only see 50k TY points.

2. $250 airline credit you can purchase a GIFT card to bypass spending on airline only purchases?
3. Global Entry $100 credit still available?
Web site says YES but phone rep said it did not show available.

Summary and please correct:
Annual fee - $450.00

Global Entry credit - $100
Airline lounge Pass(Access to Admiral Club and Priority Pass)
Priority Pass is not a FULL membership which excludes United Lounges.
Value???
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by euromannn
2. $250 airline credit you can purchase a GIFT card to bypass spending on airline only purchases?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but the airline credit applies for ticket purchases, not just incidentals like on AMEX.
3. Global Entry $100 credit still available?
Yes, or $85 for PreCheck if GE isn't for you.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by domthegreat
I am looking to use my airline credit on paid tickets on Virgin Australia. I was feeling confidant this would work and then I started seeing some conflicting reports here and there in different threads. I saw reports it had to be >= $100 at a time, only on US airlines, etc. Just to be safe, I figured I would ask (never hurts, right?)

So, will the airline credit apply if I purchase two tickets for roughly $300 US on Virgin?

Alternatively, does anyone have experience using the credit to buy AA gift cards online? IF not, what gift cards have you bought and get the credit for?

Thanks!
No need to do gift card trick with Citi prestige, credit should be for any airline. I got my $250 credit for a BA flight booked through Expedia.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:21 pm

Will the $250 annual air travel credit kick in if you purchase a flight through the ThankYou portal (who uses Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions). For example, I would like to buy airfare worth $1100+ by partly redeeming points + putting $250 of the purchase on this card if it will trigger the credit. I spent 30min searching this thread/FT and couldn't find any previous experience with this. TIA
Old Jun 23, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
I believe other posters have reported No since the Citi portal is most definitely not an airline. I think you do get 3x, however, since it's a travel agency.

Someone will chime in if I'm not remembering correctly, I hope.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
$250 airline credit for buying points+cash ticket through TY portal

I searched but couldn’t find the answer in this thread. I plan to purchase AA ticket through TY portal for 55000 points + $300 in cash. Will it trigger $250 airline annual credit?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:43 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I searched but couldn’t find the answer in this thread. I plan to purchase AA ticket through TY portal for 55000 points + $300 in cash. Will it trigger $250 airline annual credit?
It did for me manually when I called.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.