Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Exclusive Invitation: The 2nd Frequent Traveler Awards, Citi Field NYC April 28th

Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:07 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Dear fellow Flyertalker,

The Frequent Traveler Education Foundation is very proud to invite you to the 2nd annual Frequent Traveler Awards. It will be held at Citi Field, home of the NY Mets on April 28th. The festivities starts at 6PM

After the awesome success of the first FT Awards in Houston, we have taken it up a big notch and have an amazing evening planned.

Where else will you be able to mingle with airline executives like Jeff Foland, Maya Leibman and 200+ more bigshots?

We are of course continuing the tradition and are inviting YOU to come join the party.

The event starts at 6PM at Citi Field with a welcome cocktail party. Dinner starts at 7PM and the awards then starts at 730PM. See how your favorite program did (you did cast your ballot at vote.ftawards.com ?? ).

The ceremony is followed by an after party with an open bar.

This year the event will be limited to only 50 frequent travelers and 18 has already registered and paid the nominal fee to join us. (the nominal fee includes open bar throughout the event, dinner and a seat at the awards)

We are expecting the seats to fill up quickly.

If you are planning on joining, please register TODAY!

http://www.ftawards.com/index.php?id=75

Thank you all for your support!

Cheers

-Tommy

Last edited by tommy777; Mar 3, 2011 at 6:12 pm
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Tommy, I already voted for FT Awards.

Just tried registering for the FT Awards. I put in name/address/email & click on pay w/ Paypal. And I keep getting an error code saying there was a problem w/ processing & to contact guest list (I sent an email). It doesn't even take me to Paypal & I know I have the $50. I've tried going through 2 browsers & same situation.

Is anyone else encountering this glitch? Is it a glitch w/ registration, or has the allotment of 50 been met already? If so, shouldn't it say that? Please advise; thanks for help!

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:47 am
Original Poster

If you have any problems with registrering, please contact me at [email protected] or PM me and I will send you the direct paypal account information for easy payment
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:48 am

Thanks - will do!

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:38 am

I registered via the direct link.

But fyi for others - I received an email from the guestlist folk that the glitch has been fixed, and people should be able to register no problem.

Cheers.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 1:58 pm

Registration complete. Added to the guestlist!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:04 pm

Do we have a group rate for the Sheraton?

Thanks,
David
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Do we have a group rate for the Sheraton?

Thanks,
David
Yes, but I think it's in the University thread. Oh wait - that was the weekend/Uni rate. No idea re: FT night. My bad.

I haven't decided if I'm stay @ Sheraton or not cuz I'm a Marriott person. But the shuttle back/forth might make me give 1 to Sheraton just for convenience sake.

But - now that you mention it, would like to see the Sheraton rate so I can make a decision.

Edited to add: Paypal shows I paid for FT Awards, so I'll be there for those. Need to look at budget to decide if I'm going to go to Uni.

Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:19 pm

Sharon,

Thanks for pointing out the U-thread. I haven't been following it.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 7, 2011 at 7:13 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Update! There are 14 seats left for the FT Awards.

I will be sending out the hotel link to everyone who has registered tonight. The Sheraton LGA can be booked for 139+

Thanks for signing up
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by tommy777
Update! There are 14 seats left for the FT Awards.

I will be sending out the hotel link to everyone who has registered tonight. The Sheraton LGA can be booked for 139+

Thanks for signing up
Once I get the link I'll book it.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Once I get the link I'll book it.

Cheers.
I sent it out to everyone who has registered via the guestlist website. I guess you paid directly?

I forwarded the link to your email just in case
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777
I sent it out to everyone who has registered via the guestlist website. I guess you paid directly?

I forwarded the link to your email just in case
I paid for FT Awards via the direct link you sent me last week when the guestlist website was having the Paypal glitch.

Thanks for the link via email. I reserved a room at the Sheraton.

Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
There's going to even be a surprise "famous" special guest. The evening is gonna be cool. Not just at a ballpark, in New York, but with famous people. A perfect way to celebrate miles and points with the leadership of your favorite program, and with good friends!

Tommy tells me we already have as many industry guests signed up as attended last year, and the invite to industry (without RSVP deadline for urgency) only went out three days ago.

Alright, I admit I'm excited
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Registered for FT awards dinner. Need Sheraton hotel link.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.