Search

Thanks to the Community - Post #250

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2001, 5:04 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Thanks to the Community - Post #250

On this somber occasion of Post #250, I wanted to thank Flyertalk as a community.

I am a relative newbie to frequent flying and this website has been invaluable.

I almost consider myself an addict of this website... I am constantly checking this website for the latest tidbit. (I AM JUST WAITING UNTIL SOMEONE POSTS A ROC-CDG for $27! - Hell, even $270 would be a bargain from Rochester). Anyone else up for starting a 12-Step Help Program? Attendance at meeting would have to include frequent flier points!

I look forward to that day when I actually meet someone in the airport and they recognize my Flyertalk luggage tag (yes, the one that broke the first time I used it!). I am sure we will quickly have lots in common... and will probably get along even better than most families!

I got such joy over the past two weeks in giving away coupons to 21 of you... with nothing expected in return (I even paid the postage - you seemed surprised at that!) A couple of you even sent back some surprises... those true "gifts" were appreciated and will be put to good use.

I look forward to many informational years on this website. And I hope I cross paths with many of you. I especially want to meet the person who I was secret Santa for... CATMAN!!!! We will be able to at least share kitty pictures... my "Grunts" and "Just Jack" are precious as well.

Thanks again for opening your "virtual arms" to a newbie... and I hope I am doing my share to add to this community.

Until we meet......

William
Old Feb 18, 2001, 6:43 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Uh, wharvey, does that mean you're driving down next month to mingle with a few dozen of us at the Catman Do Trois?

Linda

Maybe the Mane event is booked up, but there's Friday, Saturday morning and afternoon, and Sunday!
Old Feb 18, 2001, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
"Just Jack"? Love it!

Congrats on your 250th post, wharvey.
Old Feb 19, 2001, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Ling and Dgold,

Ling - no, I will NOT not be attending the NYC event. I had made plans to... but then changed my mind due to not wanting to be around someone else who is going to be there. It is my silent support of CATMAN because I believe this person attending is an insult to Mark. Believe me, I get to NYC enough... sure Mark and I will get together sometime (and share children pics).

DGolds - yes "JUST JACK". When we got him last October from our local animal shelter, his name was Jack (he was born on Valentine's Day). My partner decided that Jack was too plain... and he decided to rename him "Just Jack". And yes, he does have attitude and believes the world revolves around him... just like him namesake!

William
Old Feb 19, 2001, 10:37 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
William,

Congrats on your "upgrade" to FT Evangelist! And if you ever do find that ROC - CDG fare for $27, I expect an email and a phone call. Heck, I'd kill for a $27 fare to BUF or SYR!!!

Us ROC'ers must stick together!
Old Feb 27, 2001, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Hey Gang,

Wanted to thank all of you publicly who sent email messages of congrats on being a 250 poster... now I am waiting for my Upgrade Card!!!

Thanks again,

William
Old Feb 27, 2001, 11:04 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wharvey:
[B]Hey Gang,

Wanted to thank all of you publicly who sent email messages of congrats on being a 250 poster... now I am waiting for my Upgrade Card!!!

Am I the only FT'er who thought for a long time that the "FT EVANGELIST" meant that the poster had a F -ull T-ime job as an Evangelist ( I assumed most FT'ers were in the internet software /dotcom business, which being from San Francisco made perfect sense to me)?

Just wondering...

------------------
"Dogs have masters, cats have staff..."
Old Feb 27, 2001, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Shhhhhh. You just blew our cover!

FewMiles..
Old Feb 28, 2001, 2:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
W, don't you think that the presence of a friend would mean more to Catman than the absence of one? (Just a guess: I don't have any input from him on this.)
Old Feb 28, 2001, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Violist,

I have talked to Catman about this. He knows my position and why I am choosing not to attend.

He would like me there but also is respectful of my position on this.

William

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.