Old Aug 17, 2002, 3:45 am
Original Poster

500 post club [merged thread]

Woohoo! It's about time.

goodo
Old Aug 17, 2002, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Oh no, not this stuff again, didn't we just get rid of all this junk that doesn't belong here????
Old Aug 17, 2002, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Come on, let me have my 1.5 seconds of fame .

goodo
Old Dec 18, 2002, 1:30 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
500 posts, 1 million miles, Thanks to all FT members!

For my 500th post I thought I would just quickly note how helpful FT has been since I registered just 22 months ago, and say thanks to everyone that posts the good deals, bonus offers, longest mileage routings, occasional fare "mistakes", and all other useful info.

In March 2001 I had about 10k miles in my FF accounts when I stumbled upon FT while killing time in class. By just registering for some of the bonuses I saw on the CO board, my account immediately grew to over 70k. Needless to say after getting 60k miles from one flight I had already taken over Spring break, I was hooked on FT.

Of course I won't go so far as to bore with all the subsequent details, but in less than 2 years, and at an estimated cost of less than $5000, I finally reached the million mile mark this month in my various FF accounts. That's not even including the 125k miles that I used this summer, or the 150k Hhonors points that I have accumulated from about 10 Hampton stays.

Now this all may sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but believe me, that's not my intention. My intention is to point out that without all of you, I'd probably have about 20k miles by now, and still be searching for a good and useful hobby.

Recently I have missed out on some of the good deals, including the $20 Europe fares, and $85 Bora Bora rooms, but I don't let it bother me because I've seen that there's always more just around the corner, and because I have really gained so much from what I have been able to "catch".(and to be honest, it irks me to see those who post just to b1tch about missing out on a deal) Hopefully one of these days I'll be the one to find one of these incredible deals so that I can post it for all of you.

So thank you to everyone out there. I certainly wouldn't be here without you. I hope all of you have gained, or will gain as much from this board as I have.

Happy holidays and happy travels,
Steve--
Old Dec 18, 2002, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Altho I have:

Fewer posts,
Fewer miles, and
Less time registered on FT,

I have just as many THANKS for everything!

Best wishes!!

Old Dec 18, 2002, 2:41 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Thanks Steve and all other members. This is exactly part of why FlyerTalk came into being and it always makes my day when i hear it does still work. I've heard similar comments from many other members and the joy is that the value of all this comes from within. It is memebrs like you Steve that will now be of value to the next "Steve" that comes along while killing time in class. We all benefit from our mutual kindness and please continue to pass it on.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 2:51 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
hmmmmm....who could be the next 'Steve'??
Old Dec 18, 2002, 3:16 pm
Suspended

I've been here for one month, and learned more things than I've ever imagined about FF programs. I'm hoping to get 1 MM on AA in a few years too.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 4:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member

I am also extremely grateful for the wisdom gained from many members of this community.

I know that I sometimes lose my temper here, but I hope it's known that I think the world of this community and everyone who contributes to FT's long term well-being.

Happy holidays all!
Old Dec 18, 2002, 5:42 pm

I cannot imagine why I did not discover FT until recently. I have flown about 500,000 miles in my lifetime and am in a profession which calls for weekly travel. This is unforgivable.

We enjoy travel and FT members, in particular, are selfless about sharing tips to help others make the most of their travel.

With your help, I'm sure I'd reach my goal to accumulate 3,000,000 miles for retirement!

I'd throw a big party for all of you when I hit this mark!
Old Dec 19, 2002, 6:26 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
My thanks to everyone, especially the mileage run fanatics....

Without FT, I would have never made CO gold this year.

Best wishes to all for a prosperous and safe 2003.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 8:10 am

Besides an incredibly powerful addictive bulletin board, there has NOTHING that has changed my travel life as much as FT board. I too thank all.

Old Dec 19, 2002, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to Myself
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTW4:
Besides an incredibly powerful addictive bulletin board, there has NOTHING that has changed my travel life as much as FT board. I too thank all.

</font>
And from the suburb next door to RTW (Oak Park), I echo his sentiments. I have never had as much pure fun and adventure as the last couple of years.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:05 pm

I discovered FT about 5 months ago, can't quite remember how.. but I've now made EXP for the first time ever, learned more than I ever want to know about mileage programs and earned some extra miles by travelling to places I'd never have thought of going to ..

I'm flying Concorde thanks to FT
I've been to Singapore thanks to FT
I'll make a million miles next year thanks to FT
I've decided never to travel coach thanks to FT
I'm a mileage addict thanks to FT

D*MN YOU FT!

[This message has been edited by Brian-AAFlyer (edited 12-20-2002).]
Old Dec 20, 2002, 10:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Thanks to all of us, it's working.

It's not just about the miles. I have got a whole new circle of friends and have had the great pleasure of attending many FT events and individual gatherings.

This really is a great place Randy! Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.