Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Rude guy in front of me banged my head during boarding, then called me an @**

Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I flew this week from EWR to SXM on Continental Airlines (my first CO flight ever)

My travel partner went to his aisle seat, and accidentally touched the row in front of him and shook the seat a little. You know how it is during boarding...trying to get to your seat and not disturb anyone, but the rows are tight and so he accidentally grabbed that chair to stabilize himself. It probably didn't help that the seat was fully reclined which makes it a little more difficult to board. My friend looked at me and shrugged with the "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb that person" look and I commented back to him I'm sure it's not that big of a deal - it's boarding time so people understand that seats will be banged etc as people are trying to board. The person in the chair was clearly annoyed and gave some nasty looks. I apologized quietly because I was so shocked at the horrid look, but he probably didn't hear me.

I boarded towards the end because I was running late to the airport. Unfortunately, the overheads were pretty full, so I was trying to put my purse, and jacket under the chair in front of me and I think I may have knocked his chair a bit. I'm pretty sure I did, because the next thing I knew, the person put his seat in the full upright position. I thought that was kind of him - he was allowing me to stow my stuff, so I leaned down to organize then bam - he slammed his chair back hard and it hit me in the forehead. I didn't want to make a scene, so I just turned to my friend and commented how I thought it was kind of rude.

Next thing you know, the person turns around and calls me an @**hole very loudly. I was just stunned, but luckily the FA was walking by and helped the situation. He told the person in front of me that kind of behavior is unacceptable and not tolerated. The guy tried to argue with the FA in a loud voice and by this time, people from several rows were watching. I was just so embarrassed. I tried to crawl down my seat and hide from being seen.

Last edited by imgonnafly; Mar 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
I flew this week from EWR to SXM.

My travel partner went to his aisle seat, and accidentally touched the row in front of him and shook the seat a little. You know how it is during boarding...trying to get to your seat and not disturb anyone, but the rows are tight and so he accidentally grabbed that chair to stabilize himself. It probably didn't help that the seat was fully reclined which makes it a little more difficult to board. My friend looked at me and shrugged with the "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb that person" look and I commented back to him I'm sure it's not that big of a deal - it's boarding time so people understand that seats will be banged etc as people are trying to board. The person in the chair was clearly annoyed and gave some nasty looks. I apologized quietly because I was so shocked at the horrid look, but he probably didn't hear me.

I boarded towards the end because I was running late to the airport. Unfortunately, the overheads were pretty full, so I was trying to put my purse, and jacket under the chair in front of me and I think I may have knocked his chair a bit. I'm pretty sure I did, because the next thing I knew, the person put his seat in the full upright position. I thought that was kind of him - he was allowing me to stow my stuff, so I leaned down to organize then bam - he slammed his chair back hard and it hit me in the forehead. I didn't want to make a scene, so I just turned to my friend and commented how I thought it was kind of rude.

Next thing you know, the person turns around and calls me an @**hole very loudly. I was just stunned, but luckily the FA was walking by and helped the situation. He told the person in front of me that kind of behavior is unacceptable and not tolerated. The guy tried to argue with the FA in a loud voice and by this time, people from several rows were watching. I was just so embarrassed. I tried to crawl down my seat and hide from being seen.
I'd have pressed charges for assault.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Two flyertalkers arguing on the plane. What are the odds of that

Last edited by BlissWorld; Mar 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by imgonnafly
I flew this week from EWR to SXM on Continental Airlines (my first CO flight ever)

The guy who did that to you is telling a bit different story!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ht-saying.html
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by danville 1K
The guy who did that to you is telling a bit different story!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ht-saying.html
I'm thinking this is an illustration of two-sides-to-the-same-story... not a "real" post. That's how I took it when I read it anyway! Thanks for posting the original thread so I didn't have to search for it myself.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:50 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Nice one.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Excellent Story

As a fictional account to illustrate a point, it is excellent. If it were real, it would be even better. Generally, people who resort to aggression and cursing are the real sphincters in any situation.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by emeraldtx
I'm thinking this is an illustration of two-sides-to-the-same-story... not a "real" post. That's how I took it when I read it anyway! Thanks for posting the original thread so I didn't have to search for it myself.
Of course it is Amusing that anyone would see it as anything else - I guess what they say about irony being lost on Americans is true
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:55 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this should reside in the Continental Airlines forum, please follow it on its move there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, United.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Step right up!

moved

!

Last edited by Pegasus23; Mar 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm Reason: Put in CO thread
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Although the guy seems clearly in the wrong, I do get quite annoyed when people complain about someone in the third person when they are right next to you, ex: "Well that was rude". Just say "Hey you, what the heck are you doing". As you state in your story, you are a quiet and passive person, which is why jerks like this guy walk all over you in these situations.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:25 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Two threads by the two people from the same situation...this is awesome
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Two threads by the two people from the same situation...this is awesome
I have a bridge in brooklyn i'd like to see you
Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
I have a bridge in brooklyn i'd like to see you
I have a bridge in London for sale...
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Gee, those flights to SXM sure are rough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.