Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Old May 31, 2016, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by muji
That's the rule of thumb. But I recently got a Choice card from them, then just 5 weeks later, to my surprise, they approved a Hawaiian card as well.

As for applying for a second Hawaiian card (i.e., while still having the first one open), I don't think Barclays would allow this (although they did back in the days of the US Airways card).
But you can get the personal and the business version of the Hawaiian card.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
How can I use HA miles if I don't plan to fly on HA or go to Hawaii? Can they be transferred to another airlines at a reasonable rate?
25k miles gets you a certificate for your choice of Maui Jim sunglasses.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by TMM1982
But you can get the personal and the business version of the Hawaiian card.
That's offered by Bank of Hawaii, right? What's its policy on bonuses / time?

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
25k miles gets you a certificate for your choice of Maui Jim sunglasses.
Ha! Good one.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
That's offered by Bank of Hawaii, right? What's its policy on bonuses / time?

Ha! Good one.
It's Barclays for both versions isn't it?
Old May 31, 2016, 7:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by TMM1982
It's Barclays for both versions isn't it?
The card itself says "Bank of Hawaii" on it so I assumed it's BoH. But application link takes to Barclays website. Strange. Maybe Barclays bought the card portfolio from BoH (like Capital One did with HSBC). If it is indeed offered through Barclays, are there records of one getting approved for a personal and a business on the same day?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Hawiian CC

Did mock booking on Hawaiian and at page to pick credit card picked 1st choice and 50k offer came up, received instant approval (17.5k limit). Have 4 Barclay cards (3 Aviator)

Last edited by mike2200; Jun 28, 2016 at 7:57 am
Old Jun 22, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I have had two HA cards for a couple of years now. While some might view these cards as not as desireable to hold as other cards are, I keep them because I'm obsessed with Hawaii. I would rather vacation there than just about anywhere. With 10K spend/yr, you gain 5K miles as a bonus for that spend. Plus, I like HA's onboard service and inter-island schedules. I plan to close one of my accounts soon and wait a while, then apply again for a second one and see if I can get the sign up bonus again. My husband applied this spring for the card and got the 50K miles offer, so between us we currently have our next HI vacation covered. Thank you, Barclay Bank and BofHI.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
I have had two HA cards for a couple of years now...plan to close one of my accounts soon and wait a while, then apply again for a second one and see if I can get the sign up bonus again.
Tpa-flyer, are your two cards personal cards (not one personal, one business)?
I didn't think that Barclays would allow someone to get a second personal HA card if they already had one open.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Rut Roh. Applied via the 50k link and got the dreaded "application pending" status. This would be my first denial ever if it happens. 9 new accounts in the last twelve months. 806 TransUnion, which is what they pulled, of course.

Going to ride it out and hope for the best - no recon line until denied.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Updated: approved on Sunday for 2.5k limit!!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:35 pm

Barclay Business Card

Has anyone applied for the business version of the card? If so, does it show up as an account on your personal credit report?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Brmass15
Has anyone applied for the business version of the card? If so, does it show up as an account on your personal credit report?
I'm not sure, but since no one else has answered, I'll say: I've always heard that business accounts are not listed on one's personal credit report.

But I just did a Google search on this; one site states: "Some card issuers only report activity to the cardholders personal credit reports if the owner defaults. Others will report all activity, whether it is positive or negative."
source: https://www.nav.com/resource/do-busi...rsonal-credit/

Doctor of Credit states: "One rumor indicates that Barclays does report business cards to the personal bureaus" and he gives a link to a Flyertalk post regarding that.
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/which-...-cards-report/
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:44 pm

Applied for both the personal and business card. Was instantly approved for the personal but denied on the business card. Called reconsideration and was told that only 1 hawaiian airlines card per person.

Anyone know if its still possible to get both cards?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by onechionly
Applied for both the personal and business card. ...but denied on the business card
...was told that only 1 hawaiian airlines card per person.
I've had the personal card more than once, but have never (after annual tries)
been approved for the business version.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:30 pm

Was anyone able to churn this card? Do we have to cancel one card to get another card?
I've looked at the T&C language

This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of Puerto Rico and the US territories, and may not be available if you already have or have had an account with us.

Anyone encountered a rejection due to the above? I'm planning to apply and churn this card for Hawaii travel and Hilton points.

Last edited by qazwsx; Jul 5, 2016 at 12:37 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.