Search
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LoganFlyer
Last update: April 30, 2024 23:59 US Eastern Time
Next planned update: May 31, 2024 23:59 US Eastern Time

Spreadsheet is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ifw...ew?usp=sharing

I recommend downloading and viewing in Excel rather than Google Drive's native viewer. You can do whatever you like with this spreadsheet as long as you don't make money off of it. Feel free to leave any comments, questions, corrections, etc, either in this thread or by PMing me (LoganFlyer)!

Print Wikipost

Comprehensive Delta fleet spreadsheet!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Comprehensive Delta fleet spreadsheet!

For those who remember the old website widgetheads.net, you may remember the author of that site kept an Excel spreadsheet of the entire DL fleet. Since that website went down, I've been keeping that spreadsheet up to date through a combination of threads and wikis here, occasionally airliners.net, DL's & OO's quarterly reports, lots of hours staring at Flightaware, and my own research. I'll be starting a new job in a couple of weeks that involves no travel, so I don't know if I'll be updating it much (or at all), but I figured I'd share what I have in case it's useful to anyone. You're more than welcome to do what you want with it as long as you don't make money off of it. Comments, corrections, etc. are welcome. Enjoy!

(NB: the following link lists the fleet as of Dec 31, 2020. For an updated version of this sheet, see the Wiki.)
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wm3...ew?usp=sharing

(Note: I recommend downloading the sheet and looking at in Excel instead of Google's viewer.)

Last edited by LoganFlyer; Jan 31, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:37 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Thank you for this! I'm a bit of a spreadsheet nerd so I enjoyed reading over this.
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Great work!
LoganFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Thanks for posting! In another thread, I was surprised to see how few CRJ-700s there are in the fleet, and this was confirmed on your spreadsheet. I feel like I must have flown on most of them . I am counting down to the day where the cell showing how many CRJ-200s are in the fleet says 0!
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
How does this compare with Planespotters?

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Delta-Air-Lines
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
How does this compare with Planespotters?

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Delta-Air-Lines
I don't know, as I don't use Planespotters all that much.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

New plan: I'll be posting an updated version of this spreadsheet on the first of each month (US Eastern Time). Here are the highlights of the January changes:

* 11 B712s were ferried to SBD for retirement.
* 5 new planes were delivered, 4 A321s and 1 A221.
* 7 new planes entered revenue service for DL mainline: 2 of the 4 A321s delivered in January, 3 A223s that were delivered in Q4 of last year, and 2 A221s that were delivered in Q4 of last year.
* 6 E75s entered revenue service for DL connection: 2 brand new ones for OO that were delivered on Christmas Eve of last year and 4 used ones that YX acquired from Compass when CP shut down operations.

The details are in the spreadsheet. As mentioned in the wiki, make sure to download and open in Excel, instead of using the native Google viewer. Enjoy!
ekozie and TheHorta like this.

Last edited by LoganFlyer; Jan 31, 2021 at 10:36 pm
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

February update is up! Key highlights:

* Lots of mod action. 1 B764ER exited D1/PS mods while 2 B764ERs entered those mods. The first B763ER entered D1/PS mods after ship 188's false start last year. 3 A359s entered C+ mods while 3 A359s exited C+ mods.

* Three planes were "unretired": two A320s and an oddball 76L (a.k.a. the type of B767ER that has 36 J seats.) That's right, there is 1 B763ER flying around with 36 J seats while the rest have 26.

* 5 planes were delivered: 2 A321s, 1 A221, 1 A223, and 1 CR9, which is the last CR9 that, based on current plans, will ever be built!

* 6 planes entered service: 3 E75s (2 brand new ones for OO and a used one from CP for YX), 2 A321s, 1 A221, and 1 A223.

* I've added the order information from DL's 2020 10-K report to the affected plane types, namely the A221s, A223s, A321s (ceos and neos), A339s, A359s, and OO's CR9s.

The link is the same as before and the same as in the Wiki, but here it is for completeness:

Enjoy!
TheHorta likes this.

Last edited by LoganFlyer; Feb 28, 2021 at 10:20 pm
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

March update is up! Key highlights:

* 5 formerly retired planes reentered revenue service, 3 76Ls and 2 A320s.
* 3 new planes were delivered: an A221, an A223, and an A321. That should be the last A221 DL receives in 2021.
* 4 planes had their first revenue flight: 2 A321s, a different A221, and the last ever CR9.
* 4 A359s entered C+ mods while 4 A359s exited C+ mods.
* 1 B764ER entered D1/PS mods while 2 B764ERs exited those mods.
* 3 CR2s switched from OO to 9E.

Details are in the spreadsheet. The link is the same as before and the same as in the Wiki, but here it is for completeness:

Enjoy!
Old Apr 2, 2021, 1:47 am

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Thanks, LoganFlyer, for keeping a running tab! Two more 76Ls, N171DN (the oldest in the fleet, I think) and N175DN are being un-retired for now, and are expected to restart their passenger service in a day or so.
LoganFlyer and TheHorta like this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
For those who remember the old website widgetheads.net, you may remember the author of that site kept an Excel spreadsheet of the entire DL fleet. Since that website went down, I've been keeping that spreadsheet up to date through a combination of threads and wikis here, occasionally airliners.net, DL's & OO's quarterly reports, lots of hours staring at Flightaware, and my own research. I'll be starting a new job in a couple of weeks that involves no travel, so I don't know if I'll be updating it much (or at all), but I figured I'd share what I have in case it's useful to anyone. You're more than welcome to do what you want with it as long as you don't make money off of it. Comments, corrections, etc. are welcome. Enjoy!

(NB: the following link lists the fleet as of Dec 31, 2020. For an updated version of this sheet, see the Wiki.)
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wm3...ew?usp=sharing

(Note: I recommend downloading the sheet and looking at in Excel instead of Google's viewer.)
it was a great site, however, it was taken down at the request of Delta's lawyers because he was posting proprietary information. I am a web reseller and was hosting the site on my server. I remember reviewing the legal requests from their lawyers to the company that I had purchased the reseller plan from.
LoganFlyer and TheHorta like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dereiziger
it was a great site, however, it was taken down at the request of Delta's lawyers because he was posting proprietary information. I am a web reseller and was hosting the site on my server. I remember reviewing the legal requests from their lawyers to the company that I had purchased the reseller plan from.
Interesting story. I’m curious—what kind of proprietary information was being hosted?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

April update is up! Key highlights:

* 6 new planes were delivered: an A223, 4 A321s, and an A339neo
* 5 planes had their first revenue flight: an A221, that same A223, and 3 A321s. The A339neo exited induction but has not yet had a revenue flight.
* The last couple of A359s got C+. A359 C+ mods are complete!
* According to DL's quarterly report, no more CR2s are flying for OO.
* 2 ex-OO CR2s started flying for 9E.
* 2 76Ls were unretired.
* 2 ex-CP E75s entered service for YX. Just one of those left.
* Not in the spreadsheet yet: there are 4 YX E70s that I believe have begun the conversion to AA. I'm not sure though so I haven't removed them from the spreadsheet.

Details are in the spreadsheet. The link is the same as before and the same as in the Wiki, but here it is for completeness:

Enjoy!
TheHorta and DCAhome like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

May update is up! It was a slow month, but here are the key highlights:

* 4 new planes were delivered: 3 A321s and an A339neo
* 4 A321s had their first revenue flight.
* 3 ex-OO CR2s started flying for 9E.
* 1 B712 and 1 76Z were unretired.
* The first A333 entered PS mods.
* The 19th B764ER exited D1/PS mods. Just two of those to go, but they're not scheduled to enter mods until the fall.

Enjoy!
dtwtransport likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

June update is up! It was another slow month, but here are the key highlights:

* 3 new planes were delivered: 1 A223, 1 A321, and 1 A339neo
* 3 planes had their first revenue flight: that same A223, that same A321, and a different A339neo. The A339neo that was delivered in June also exited induction, but has not yet flown its first revenue flight.
* 1 ex-OO CR2 started flying for 9E.
* 1 B712 and 1 76Z were unretired.
* The first B763ER exited PS mods.
* The last of the 30 ex-CP E75s that YX acquired in early 2020 entered revenue service for YX.

Enjoy!
ryandc99 and coast_2_coast like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.