Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Check your TYO flight status. TYO suspended operation due to 8.9 earthquake in Sendai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check your TYO flight status. TYO suspended operation due to 8.9 earthquake in Sendai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:09 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

make sure you check your flight status on JAL website. There are flights diverted already, e.g. JL061 to CTS

Domestic: http://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/en/weather_info_dom.html
International: http://www.jal.co.jp/cms/other/en/weather_info_int.html

{ Reported earthquake in the Miyagi area }

JAL Group flights area are experiencing irregular operations due to earthquake .

We recommend checking Flight Status and Information for details.
Information will be updated pending latest reports.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:03 am
Original Poster

HND is now reopen for arrival.

SDJ is closed as it is under water
Old Mar 11, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Narita was also closed, but I don't know its status now.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sipples
Narita was also closed, but I don't know its status now.
JAL has started recovering some flights to NRT. I have the info on MilePoint with screen captures of the status.

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...rthquake.5870/

JAL site is pretty congested right now so you can check them on MilePoint for now if you don't have immediate need to know the most up-to-date status
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:17 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I am going to Japan to check my house(high-rise condominium in Tokyo).
According to the twitter, my condominium building was also shaken, and some items were fell down to the floor including flat TV.

Here in Hawaii, sirens were horn every hour because we are expecting Tsunami around 3am Hawaii time.

Maybe on Sunday, I should be leaving for Japan so I hope JAL flies on time by then.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 3:43 am

Is NRT open now? I would imagine if it is, the big problem is getting fuel and personnel to work. Im booked on SGN-NRT-ORD tomorrow night. Im crossing my fingers we will make it out of SGN but who knows.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kannon99
Is NRT open now? I would imagine if it is, the big problem is getting fuel and personnel to work. Im booked on SGN-NRT-ORD tomorrow night. Im crossing my fingers we will make it out of SGN but who knows.
All ex-NRT flights canceled today. HND only accepts landing at the moment
Old Mar 12, 2011, 2:16 am

Is anyone anyone able to tell me the status of JL759 NRT-SGN for today.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is anyone anyone able to tell me the status of JL759 NRT-SGN for today.
JAL and Amadeus still shows the plane has not taken off....

Let me find some more info for you
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight is showing as boarding in NRT....but ETD was 19:00 it's already 20:16 in Japan...Expect delays
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by fumitani
Flight is showing as boarding in NRT....but ETD was 19:00 it's already 20:16 in Japan...Expect delays
Thanks, JAL website is not showing any updates but NRT airport website is showing same info as you have. I'm flying SGN-NRT tonight, what I assume is this same plane coming in from NRT tonight.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks, JAL website is not showing any updates but NRT airport website is showing same info as you have. I'm flying SGN-NRT tonight, what I assume is this same plane coming in from NRT tonight.
You might want to change your ticket. JAL has special handling for passengers like you. No penalty for change/refund.

Good luck!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
You might want to change your ticket. JAL has special handling for passengers like you. No penalty for change/refund.

Good luck!

We tried to change our ticket to another airline this morning but the JAL SGN booking office said no. We are on two award business tickets and all flights out of SGN our booked full until the end of the month (or so we are told). This maybe one of our only chances to get out of SGN for awhile. If even with a three hour delay back to NRT of SGN we still have one hour to connect onto ORD (if it makes it out tomorrow).
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We tried to change our ticket to another airline this morning but the JAL SGN booking office said no. We are on two award business tickets and all flights out of SGN our booked full until the end of the month (or so we are told). This maybe one of our only chances to get out of SGN for awhile. If even with a three hour delay back to NRT of SGN we still have one hour to connect onto ORD (if it makes it out tomorrow).
expected arrival is now 00:35am
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:14 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I think this is the best forum to ask questions, since most of you are Japan based and know what things are like in Japan right now....

I am scheduled to fly into NGO on the 18th and NRT-EWR on the 22nd... I will be spending most of my time in Kyoto/Kyodo, so do you think it should be okay? I know North Japan is in a bad shape right now after the tsunami, but what about central to south Japan?

Continental will not waive any changes fees, because I am going there after the 15th...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.