Community
Wiki Posts
Search

smarterbucks

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:12 am
Original Poster

smarterbucks

Accidentally thru this site stumbled on this. I signed up for the rewards to go towards my student loans.

But, I stumbled onto a manufactured spending part. You need to open a radius checking account. The beauty was you can open it with a credit card so I was able to earn a huge amount of points.

This is the first time I'm posting so figured I would add something to the community.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:36 pm

Sure no cash advance fees?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just took a look at the radius website and read all the FAQs and everything -- there is no warning that your CC may charge a CA fee. That's not conclusive, but it's possible that they are willing to code it as a purchase and eat the swipe fee to get people to open accounts (a lot of banks offer a lot better bonuses than that to open and fund accounts)

You can only use a CC for the initial deposit, so it's a one-time thing (or at least, one-per-account)

It actually seems like a pretty decent checking account with fee-free ATMs and unlimited ATM fee reimbursements, with no min balance or monthly fees.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

I used a priceline 2% back credit card with a very high limit and I didn't have a cash advance fee. I did this last month, so maybe the rules have changed. I've already transferred the money back to my primary bank account so there is no money sitting with them now.

Let me suggest this to you guys if you are nervous. You can open up both a savings account and a checking account with each can be funded with a credit card, so maybe try one, if there is no issue try the other.

Like I said, I'm just trying to contribute to this community as I've been doing manufactured spending for years now and recently stumbled upon this forum.

I found this all my accident as I do surveys when I eat my dinner and happened to stumble on smarterbucks which led me to radius bank.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by bigtimespender
Accidentally thru this site stumbled on this. I signed up for the rewards to go towards my student loans.

But, I stumbled onto a manufactured spending part. You need to open a radius checking account. The beauty was you can open it with a credit card so I was able to earn a huge amount of points.

This is the first time I'm posting so figured I would add something to the community.
What's the limit for CC funding?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
What's the limit for CC funding?
I asked this via chat and the rep said ~ as much money as you want to put in. When I asked if I can add more funds later using DC/CC, answer was NO.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bigtimespender
I used a priceline 2% back credit card with a very high limit and I didn't have a cash advance fee. I did this last month, so maybe the rules have changed. I've already transferred the money back to my primary bank account so there is no money sitting with them now.

Let me suggest this to you guys if you are nervous. You can open up both a savings account and a checking account with each can be funded with a credit card, so maybe try one, if there is no issue try the other.

Like I said, I'm just trying to contribute to this community as I've been doing manufactured spending for years now and recently stumbled upon this forum.

I found this all my accident as I do surveys when I eat my dinner and happened to stumble on smarterbucks which led me to radius bank.
Was it a HP to open?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt
developing..
Old Dec 22, 2014, 9:49 pm
Suspended

smarterbucks

hard pull when opening checking?
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:49 pm

I'd be interested in info on the hard pull too... On another thought, this site is an interesting marketing tactic. Just spent some time poking around their site and they appear to basically be a cashback/rewards portal similar to swagbucks or something but aren't marketing themselves as such really. The desire to accelerate payment of student loans could motivate people to jump through the hoops of cashback/reward sites.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:22 pm

smarterbucks

Op. What options does the checking account offer for repaying the cards? Online bill pay? Or did you need to transfer out?

Any feedback on the inquiry on your credit report? Hard pull?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by ChuckMango
hard pull when opening checking?
Nope.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:18 pm

looks like the rewards for the debit require a student loan yes? cant be applied any other way. the iniatil funding is nice.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:38 pm

Any other data points for deposits to these accounts not counting as cash advances?

Wouldn't mind knocking out a quick 50k but not if it's going to cost me $1500 in CA fees!
Old Dec 25, 2014, 12:21 pm

smarterbucks

Newb to cash advance limits. If my card is limited to 1k CA and I attempt to fund from Chase visa at 10k, transaction should be declined, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.