Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Open bank account, fund with credit card, possible $150 bonus cash also

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Technology Credit Union -

https://www.techcu.com/moveon/

You can open a free checking account and fund the initial deposit with a Visa, MC or Discover. I haven't tested yet to see how this posts or what the limit is.

Also, if you open the account by tomorrow you can get $100 bonus for setting up direct deposit and a $50 bonus for using online bill pay.

When it asks how you are qualified to join the credit union put Financial Fitness Association - it's an organization that anyone can join. Of course, if you qualify some other way, that would work too.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by crhptic
Technology Credit Union -

https://www.techcu.com/moveon/

You can open a free checking account and fund the initial deposit with a Visa, MC or Discover. I haven't tested yet to see how this posts or what the limit is.

Also, if you open the account by tomorrow you can get $100 bonus for setting up direct deposit and a $50 bonus for using online bill pay.

When it asks how you are qualified to join the credit union put Financial Fitness Association - it's an organization that anyone can join. Of course, if you qualify some other way, that would work too.
I am assuming they would do a HP, since they are a CU. Not worth it IMO unless they let high loads via CC.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
$1000 limit and no Amex I believe.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:53 pm

Do they allow money order mobile deposit?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:50 am

For the initial TechCU account opening deposit, if I use a Chase CC for, say $500, would this be treated as a cash advance or a purchase by Chase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.