Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus points from SQ flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus

I recently traveled Stockholm-Frankfurt-Singapore-Bali and back the same way. Stockholm-Frankfurt (return) where SAS & LH and FRA-SIN-DPS (return) where all SQ.
SQ tickets where economy class Y. I received Eurobonus points for 4 of the 6 legs but not for the FRA-SIN and SIN-DPS legs. I received 1600 points for SIN-FRA and 275 for DPS-SIN. When I tried to retroactively claim the missing points using SAS web based claim form i received a reply stating:

"We regret that we are unable to retroactively register points for our partner flight number/s.
Our partner has confirmed that your booking class on SQ 25 04May12 FRASIN is not valid for accrual of EuroBonus points."

As all SQ legs where booked in the same service class (Y) this seems wrong. According to SAS Eurobonus pages you earn points on SQ Econymy:Y, B, E, H, M, S.

Anyone that has any experience claiming missing points for SQ flights? Any reasons why I should not get Eurobonus points for these flights?

I have since filed a request through the [email protected] but that is supposed to take up to 10weeks!

The irritating part is that these missing points puts me less than 700points from achieving Gold status for this period - with the same points as I got for the DPS-SIN-FRA part I would be 1000 points over Gold status.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:10 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Booking Class?

Originally Posted by bojan
Our partner has confirmed that your booking class on SQ 25 04May12 FRASIN is not valid for accrual of EuroBonus points."

As all SQ legs where booked in the same service class (Y) this seems wrong. According to SAS Eurobonus pages you earn points on SQ Econymy:Y, B, E, H, M, S.
Service class doesn't matter. What's important is the booking class. What was the booking class for the missing leg?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
As stated above, the Y stated on your BP is not the booking class; then your ticket would have been a very, very expensive economy ticket. You have to look at your itinerary/e-ticket receipt to see the actual booking class.

If you have already received the reply from SAS Retro-registr. that your outbound flights were not eligible for EuroBonus points, then you were booked in one of the non-earning SQ booking classes that you state above. Sorry, but there is nothing you can do and no reason to write more Eurobonus about this.

Apparently, your return flights have been in a higher booking class eligible for earning Eurobonus points. You should be happy for this.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you have already received the reply from SAS Retro-registr. that your outbound flights were not eligible for EuroBonus points, then you were booked in one of the non-earning SQ booking classes that you state above. Sorry, but there is nothing you can do and no reason to write more Eurobonus about this.
I have before been denied points for eligible booking class when retro claiming through Eurobonus, so just because BKK says no it is not always correct. I did complaint to the EB Gold hotline and within days I was compensated the missing miles plus 5.000 miles in apologies and other times 100 euro vouchers as apology.

But as SK AAR writes, you need to check the exact booking class on your e-ticket, as it is most presumably booked in a non-earning class on the outbound.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:13 am
ksu

SQ is very restrictive on which booking classes give bonus points. Earlier they even had a bizarre rule that stated that if you were booked in different booking classes on a multileg intinerary, you did not get points for any legs if one of the legs was in a non-earning class. You could thus theoretically fly full-fare Y (i.e. booking class Y) from Europe to Singapore and not get any points for that, because the short connecting flight to Denpasar was in a non-earning class. This particular nonsense ended a couple of years ago, but they are still very stingy when awarding points, at least outside their own program. Basically: they want your money, but they don't like frequent fliers. Seeing that some probably choose SQ because they are *A this tastes of bait-and-switch.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:14 am
ksu

Originally Posted by NicoEBG
I have before been denied points for eligible booking class when retro claiming through Eurobonus, so just because BKK says no it is not always correct. I did complaint to the EB Gold hotline and within days I was compensated the missing miles plus 5.000 miles in apologies and other times 100 euro vouchers as apology.

But as SK AAR writes, you need to check the exact booking class on your e-ticket, as it is most presumably booked in a non-earning class on the outbound.
Agree! And EB Memberservice sometimes do override Bangkok. But as I and several posters have stated already: it doesn't have to be a mistake. Thus the booking class is essential.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Hyatt GoldPassport, HHonors, SPG, Diners Club
I have also experienced having the initial points claim declined with the same explanation on a CO/UA flight, but was later credited after going through the timely manual process. So a decline from the electronic form on the web site is not necessarily correct.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:11 am
Original Poster

From what I have been able to find out both outbound and inbound parts (FRA-SIN, SIN-DPS and DPS-SIN, SIN-FRA) where booking code W and thus they both should have earned eurobonus points according to the info on:
http://www.flysas.com/shared/EuroBon...ore_Airlines/#

I guess I'll have to wait for the manual process to go through to see if they will credit the missing points to my account.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by bojan
From what I have been able to find out both outbound and inbound parts (FRA-SIN, SIN-DPS and DPS-SIN, SIN-FRA) where booking code W and thus they both should have earned eurobonus points according to the info on:
http://www.flysas.com/shared/EuroBon...ore_Airlines/#

I guess I'll have to wait for the manual process to go through to see if they will credit the missing points to my account.
Where did you buy your ticket? If it was a codeshare W, it might not be SQ W.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 2:45 am
Original Poster

No Codeshare - Tickets bought directly from SQ online. And the return part where correctly credited in my Eurobonus account stating the W booking!
12 Maj 2012 Denpasar-Bali - SingaporeSQ 0947 W Economy Discounted
Baspoäng 275
12 Maj 2012 Singapore - FrankfurtSQ 0026 W Economy Discounted
Baspoäng 1 600

The outbound part where the same W Economy Discounted and thus should have been credited as well. If the manual process through ebretro still is unsuccessful I'll try with SAS Member Services directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.