FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 1: Effective Feedback
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:47 am
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
submitted by lucky9876coins
"What do you believe is the most effective way for TalkBoard members to receive feedback in the public forum? Would you seek feedback mostly by reading the comments of the membership, or would you engage in debate with the membership?"
I think both methods are mandatory. I believe that TalkBoard should function as a representative body, voting on issues based on the will of its constituency. A public forum is a neat and convenient way for FTers to express themselves, but some issues are so sensitive that direct communication with the TalkBoard member may be required.

I'd read and respond to comments in the forum daily, but I would always be receptive to PM (or, if an FTer thinks its necessary, private email).

Finally, note that the phrasing of this question is a little odd. I don't view the role of TalkBoard as one of "debating with the membership" -- a representative body shouldn't sit in an adversary relationship with its constitutents. Discussion is important, and I'd always participate in discussions with the membership, whether on the public forum or by PM or email. I don't think debate is appropriate as that implies taking a position contrary to that of the membership.