FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 5: Your Interest/Contributions in the TalkBoard Topics forum
Old Oct 31, 2008, 2:26 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think this question addresses a useful metric for assessing FT participation and community commitment.

I've posted to Talkboard Forum topics in which I had a personal interest. "FT member" and "TalkBoard member" are different designations and carry different responsibilities. Why, for example, would I, as an FT member who doesn't gamble much, have anything worthwhile to contribute to a thread on establishment of a gaming loyalty program forum? On the other hand, I proposed the Travel Photography forum because it's a subject in which I am very interested. I've previously supported a number of charity requests and, of course, was a very vocal opponent to the charity request involving Mission to the World.

As a TalkBoard member, my personal interests would become irrelevant as I see the TalkBoard as a representative body -- the voice of all FlyerTalkers and the means of communicating community concerns to Randy and IBB. My views on FT as a very real and important community are hardly secret -- my posts on this topic can be found in many FT forums, including the TalkBoard forum.