FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 17: the GLBT forum
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2008, 6:42 pm
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly, society has not yet evolved to the point where a person's sexual orientation is considered just another "feature," like hair color or eye color. GLBT travelers must deal with unique and sometimes difficult issues when they travel that heterosexuals do not. Though I hope to see a day when sexual orientation is not stigmatized and a GLBT forum is not necessary, it is clearly critical now and FlyerTalk would be an incomplete travel website without it.

I have visited it from time to time. My "M/O" when I visit FT is to hit the New Posts button and read any posts that interest me, irrespective of forum. I regard the GLBT Forum somewhat like the Travel with Children forum -- as someone who has no children, unless my opinion is specifically solicited (and there have been such threads in TwC), I have little that is valid to contribute there. Similarly, unless the opinions of a heterosexual are expressly solicited, I would have little that would be credible to contribute to the GLBT Forum.

Nonetheless, I am very glad that FlyerTalk has a GLBT Forum, and a Travel with Children forum, and both forums have my fullest support.