FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:58 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Delta SkyMiles Information

Here are some answers to some of the basic questions about the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles frequent flier program:
  • Can I combine my SkyMiles with SkyMiles from another SkyMiles member’s account to claim an award ticket?
    No, but for a fee SkyMiles may be transferred from one member’s account to another.
  • Can I combine my SkyMiles with my miles from the account of a SkyTeam member?
    No.
  • Can I transfer or convert my SkyMiles into miles or points in another program?
    No.
  • Can I use my SkyMiles for a hotel stay?
    No. Please click here for further information.
  • My SkyMiles Medallion Elite status has changed. When will it be updated? The update usually occurs during the weekend.
The Definitive “How To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles” Thread — Are you concerned that your SkyMiles are about to expire? Do you need a few thousand more SkyMiles to claim an award? Where can one get the necessary SkyMiles? For everything you need to know about earning Delta Air Lines SkyMiles, including the advice and opinions of Delta forum FlyerTalk members, this thread is a must-read...

The Definitive “How To Redeem Delta Air Lines SkyMiles” Thread — Many FlyerTalk members ask about redeeming, bartering, trading and even selling Delta Air Lines SkyMiles. Read this thread for everything you need to know about redeeming Delta Air Lines SkyMiles, including advice on the best, most efficient ways on how to use the SkyMiles in your account. One can even redeem SkyMiles simply to keep the remaining SkyMiles in one’s account from expiring.

The Definitive “How Do I Extend the Expiration Date of My SkyMiles” Thread — This is the original of the “definitive” threads on the Delta forum, launched by andymo99, which addresses what is probably the single most popular request in the Delta forum on FlyerTalk. Because Delta Air Lines SkyMiles no longer have an expiration date, this thread is no longer relevant.

Help!!! My Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Have Already Expired! What Should I Do? — Your Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have already expired and you want to re-instate them. Is this possible? If so, how can it be done? If not, what alternatives are available?

What Will Happen to Our SkyMiles? The Uncertainty of the Future of Delta Air Lines — Delta Air Lines is currently undergoing some difficult times financially. Are your SkyMiles going to disappear? Is it safe to book an award trip to Hawai’i for next year? Will Delta Air Lines still be in business tomorrow? Is there really a reason to panic and feel sorrow? Did anyone appreciate the poetic license displayed here? Join in on the discussion...

How To Handle the SkyMiles Account of a Deceased Relative — Unfortunately, nobody is immune to the untimely passing of a loved one or a relative. For the answers on what happens next to the SkyMiles that still exist in the account of a deceased relative or loved one, please look no further than this thread...

HELP - What should I do about expiring Delta Skymiles on 12/31/04??? — What if it is December 10 and you need to act now to keep your SkyMiles from expiring on December 31? How do you prevent permanently losing your SkyMiles forever?

For information on miles earned during the now-defunct Delta Air Lines Frequent Flyer Program, please click here.

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 15, 2011 at 1:00 pm