FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Anything To Do With Delta
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:01 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

All About Medallion Qualification Miles

Medallion Qualification Miles (or MQMs) is a tracking system implemented by Delta Air Lines for the sole purpose of gaining SkyMiles Medallion status for the next year. Currently, on most flights operated by SkyTeam airline members, one can earn:
  • 1.5 Medallion Qualification Miles for each mile flown in First Class, Business Class, or full-fare Economy/Coach Class fares (such as Y, B and M on Delta Air Lines or Y, S, W, Z and I on Korean Air, for example) with a minimum amount of 750 Medallion Qualification Miles earned per flight segment;
  • 1.0 Medallion Qualification Mile for each mile flown in Economy/Coach Class travel (other than full-fare Economy/Coach Class fares, such as Y, B and M on Delta Air Lines or Y, S, W, Z and I on Korean Air, for example) with a minimum amount of 500 Medallion Qualification Miles earned per flight segment, and
  • 0.5 Medallion Qualification Miles for each mile flown on discounted Q, I, S, W, T, X and L Economy/Coach Class fares on Continental Airlines, as well as discounted L, U and T Economy/Coach Class fares on Delta Air Lines-coded flights on Continental Airlines. Both scenarios earn a minimum amount of 250 Medallion Qualification Miles per flight segment.
NOTE: Earning Medallion Qualification Miles on Delta Air Lines applies only when traveling on Alaska Airlines-coded flights operated by Alaska Airlines or Delta. Alaska Airlines code-share flights on American Airlines aircraft do not earn Medallion Qualification Miles. Earning Medallion Qualification Miles on Delta Air Lines applies only when traveling on Continental Airlines-coded and Northwest Airlines-coded flights operated by SkyTeam partners, as well as KLM Airlines-coded flights.
A Challenge: The Least-Expensive Way to Get The Most MQMs? — If you need to get additional Medallion Qualification Miles to achieve the next level of SkyMiles Medallion Elite status for next year, this thread is the one to read. If you have found an inexpensive way to collect more Medallion Qualification Miles, please post in this thread.

What's the best "A" fare route? — This is a thread with a different route (my apologies — I could not resist!) on maximizing the collection of Medallion Qualification Miles to one’s account.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ld-reward.html — This

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 28, 2009 at 1:40 am