FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - November 2005 Tel Aviv Meet
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2004, 7:27 pm
craz
Suspended

I wouldnt put too much into the Renaissance. CO put me up there for 2 days in Oct (got back to back bumps). The rooms although angled to see the Med Sea, were really bad and very small bathrooms at that. I dont think it has been refurnished since it was opened as the Ramada Continental yrs and yrs ago. The bed was practically floor level. True they have Exec rooms but we were given low floors 1st night 7th, the 2nd night the 3rd. I thought I was in a high rise Motel 6. But the price was right $0. I think $143 is alot for this place, but didnt check out rates elsewhere yet. The front desk and mgmt did go out of their way to take care of us. The pool/hot tub/ sauna/ stream room was free. But there is a charge to use the gym area as its a private gym that doesnt belong to the hotel. As with all the hotels yes its literally on the beach but nothing in the way of chairs etc to use on the beach. there are chairs that can be rented from a private concern and umbellas. at night it was great to be able to walk along the beach (theres an asphalt path) qwhere there are bars on the beach that are lit up with different colors and a couple had spot lights out onto the water for an unbelieveable effect.
if you do stay there request a Southern View as its unobstructed and you can see Yafo light up in the near distance. The Northern view is of the next door Crowne Plaza and thats about all. THIS has been edited as Dovster is correct below and Yafo is South and not North as I wrote down.

Last edited by craz; Dec 2, 2004 at 8:11 am