FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ for Southwest and Rapid Rewards
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2005, 3:28 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
27. What's all this I hear about Customers of Size having to purchase a second seat?

a. (southwest.com) The official policy is listed at http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/cos_qa.html

b. (nsx) Like other idiosyncratic Southwest policies, this one is annoying if you fight it and remarkably friendly if you instead learn how to work the system. Specifically, if you go ahead and purchase the extra seat you will get refunds most of the time and you will be seated comfortably all the time. You qualify for a refund if the flight is not oversold, and very few flights are oversold. Apparently, filling the flight with standbys does NOT count as an oversell, so you still get a refund then.

c. (MarshB) In the past two years I've flown no less than 100 segments and I have received a refund 100% of the time. Call 214-792-4223, press 2. The agent will look up the flights on the spot and get the credit process started.

Last edited by nsx; Aug 21, 2005 at 5:55 pm