FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:29 am
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Canarsie, I don't even know what a bialie is, but I want one.
Not only will you find the definition of what is a bialy, but Bagels by Bell/B&S Bialy is where I always buy them.

They make the best bialies and bagels in the world, without a doubt!

The bagel achieved great fame, but the poor bialy was left behind. It is softer than a bagel, powdered with flour instead of glazed, with a dimple instead of a hole to hold the pink onion pieces baked in the center.

How fresh are their bagels and bialies? Let’s just say that they are difficult to hold and eat at first because they are so hot, they will steam the car windows — in the middle of the summer. This is no exaggeration!

They used to have a storefront at the corner of Flatlands Avenue and East 81 Street in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn, but now they are in a factory building in an industrial section of Canarsie near the L train. I don’t care, however — the bagels and bialies are as great as ever!

By the way, a little bit of trivia: Canarsie has its own Zip code, which is 11236. Anytime you see the Zip code of 11236, such as on a jar of Ba-Tampte pickles, they come from the Canarsie section of Brooklyn.

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 30, 2005 at 9:35 am