FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dresden {DEU}
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2006, 11:51 pm
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

The hotel treated this diamond very well. I was upgraded to a 3 room suite, with a large living/dining room overlooking the Frauenkirche and central square. There was a room with a desk in it, not particularly useful, and the bedroom. The bedroom faced the construction across the street.

I was given a bottle of wine, a bottle of water, and a bottle of apple juice. I also got a marzipan candy bar and two apples. Room service brought a pitcher of water and bucket of ice to the room on request for free. (This was not status related.) Internet in the business center was free; I was not told this, and used the internet in the room the first day for a high 22 euro fee.

Dresden was packed with tourists, perhaps due to it being its 600th anniversary. I had windows open to get a cool breeze; there was noise until late at night from the groups of tourists strolling around outside.

The hotel was sold out, not doubt due to its superb location. I highly recommend this hotel as a pleasant property and as the most convenient place for a tourist to stay in Dresden.