FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 15: Other Good Candidates
View Single Post
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:10 am
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I appreciate your mention, too, Dov.

It's difficult for me, cause there are a lot of impressive candidates.

Dov, Kokonutz, and Spiff are at the top of the list for me.

For Dov, it's a quid pro quo thing, natch. No, seriously, it's because I've been nothing but impressed with everything Dov posts, whether I agree or disagree, and I was (and am) moved by his thread detailing his daily trials and tribulations. This type of thread is exactly what FT and the community is about.

Kokonutz is the candidate with the platform closest to mine. I was impressed with his passionate support of the Men's Forum and his support of FT as a community. I have no great opinions about the success of a men's forum, although I think it deserved a chance just as much as the Religious forum (which passed) or the travel with pets (which didn't).

Spiff continues to impress me with his dogged determination and unwavering opinions on the TS/S board as well as his general contributions.

It gets tough for me after this, although I really like all the other candidates who have participated on the board. Of course, I only have one more vote after the three I mentioned, cause I gots to be voting for me.

There are three candidates who clearly cannot receive my support. They have not participated at all on FT and have not broken their silence on the board to participate in this series of questions. If elected to TalkBoard, I will propose a reasonable minimum standard for participation in order for candidates to be eligible. It only makes sense, IMO.

--Rich