FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Knights Fondue and Cheese purchase for AA miles master thread.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:06 am
dhacker

I've now purchased 248 wheels for between $2.89 and $3.49. The $2.89 price on the sign should have been $2.99, but they honored it. Two stores had the fondue, one for $5.99 and the other for $4.99 (another sign error -- computer had $5.99). I bought just one fondue at each store because of the sticker style coupon in the package would make it difficult to retain the coupon and still donate the product. The good news is that the fondue is delicious, so I can at least stock up on what I can personally use in a year. They also have a chocolate fondue, but it is not included in the miles promo.

Of 122 wheels opened so far, there were four doubles, 117 singes, and only a single goose egg.

These are apparently "vendor items" according to one store manager, which I believe are restocked by some sort of route salesman. So they don't have more on hand to replace what I cleaned out of the display and couldn't predict when or if they would get more.