FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Service men get to the front of the line.....
Old Apr 21, 2007, 2:54 pm
iCorpRoadie

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by jackplum
I guess I did not read into the post that the pax were required to show courtesy. I would not agree with that. I read it that the FA merely "asked" not required.

However, there was a general tone to the post that I did not find respectful and that I take issue with. If I am wrong, fine.

And thank you for your service.

OT:

Now the smoking thing is another issue! Why does one need to buy cigarettes when you can go into one of the smoking rooms and take a few deep breaths?
She asked twice, once before landing and once at the gate. Last I checked, we are to obey all things the FA's tell us to do, otherwise we can be fined, taken off the plane by the FBI/Police, etc. I respect that HE Chose to serve a second tour of duty, and a first, for me, its a don't ask don't tell policy that would get me kicked out of the military. If i can't talk about my love life why should i sit and have to listen to your's if i were in the military? There are a lot of things wrong with the current system, but we are not on that topic, and that should/can/could be discussed in OMNI.

Why didn't the Gate Agents in TPA give one of the 11 free seats to the PRVT? Why didn't the non-rev passengers give up their seat? Why don't I get recognized for the work that I do? Why don't the Police/Fire/Medical staff get recognized? the list could go on and on....