FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 772 Ship #19 (N77019) report - incl. AVOD
Old May 9, 2007, 10:54 pm
rkkwan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Airshow

The new airshow screen are multi-colored, and has very very high resolution. Beautiful to look at. However, except for the start and end of the flight, it only recycles among three zoom levels, and all pretty "wide". You can see from the pictures I've posted. Less information and variety of views than the old system.

New screens starting here:

http://rkkwan.zenfolio.com/p463659465/?photo=115185196

Compare those to for example, this shot at the North Pole on the old system:

http://rkkwan.zenfolio.com/p476976649/?photo=383786354

Also all information in English only. I don't remember seeing Chinese on Airshow on this flight.

One positive thing is that altitude is displayed down to 1ft increment, instead of the 100ft in the old.

Misc

1. The seat-to-seat calling option is gone. There's also no instructions how to make a phone call to ground, even though there's a call buttons on the handset and a slot underneath the screen to scan one's credit card.

2. My mom was seated in 2D, but she moved to 10L for two reasons. One, the LCD screens on the bulkhead in front of Row 1 are very very bright. Second, her AVOD system failed halfway through the flight, so she moved to the empty Row 10. (10KL both unoccupied).

As I've mentioned earlier, those new LCD screens are bigger and brighter. I'd avoid the bulkhead row and the one behind, if you want to sleep.

3. I talked to a FA late in the flight about the overhead crew rest. It was his first time on one of the 2 new 772s, and he really liked it.

4. Two things are broken on my flight. One, the overhead LCD monitors in the aisles halfway through the rear Y cabin were not operating (both sides). Second, the little cup holder in the lavatory behind 44KL was broken. Won't hold the cups in the cabinet. [I want to mention those to the FAs so they can write them up, but everybody was in a hurry during breakfast and preparation for landing.]

Last edited by rkkwan; May 10, 2007 at 8:06 am