FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Cocktail Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2007, 6:22 pm
Abby

Originally Posted by LapLap
Add the lime juice and Grand Marnier and perhaps you should be christening them Cosmopomitans-onna-stick.
Hehehehehe!!! Well, the problem is that I can think of TOO MANY different things to try with this general idea.

Anyway, my pom-vodka pops are really good - even better today than yesterday. Here's a photo of a finished one, and it has a nice firm frozen texture.

The recipe below is something I ran across and have modified slightly. I'm thinking of making these for next weekend, when I have a few girlfriends coming over for a bit of a deck party. If it's a warm afternoon, it'll be a nice starter!

TEQUILA SUNSET POPSICLES

Approx half a dozen strawberries
mango
3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar or to taste
4 to 6 tbsp (60 to 90 mL) tequila
2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice

Wash, hull and purée strawberries along with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Blend in 1 or 2 tbsp of tequila. Spoon into the bottom of a popsicle mould or whatever you are using. Cover and freeze for an hour or two or until firm enough to add second layer.

Peel mango and slice fruit from pit. Purée with 2 tbsps of sugar and the lime juice. Blend in 2 - 4 tbsp of tequila. Spoon over the strawberry mixture in each mould. Add the lids/sticks/handles and freeze until firm.

Or, I suppose you could put the mango in the bottom and the strawberry on the top and call them Tequila Sunrise Popsicles.

Last edited by Abby; Jun 3, 2007 at 6:31 pm