FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Getting Walked (or denied a room) - Experiences & Questions" thread
Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:32 am
NOLA Flyer

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Final resolution(?)

For those of you who haven't followed along, here's a recap.

After several emails to HH Guest Assistance-I finally was credited/reimbursed for my entire 2 night stay at the HGI Downtown Cleveland. ^ I discovered this when I checked my AMEX account online and saw the credit. In addition, I was given a one night stay coupon (which I just received in the mail) for any HI/HI & Suites, good for a year.

Interestingly enough, I have never received a formal letter of apology for my complaint informing me of their final resolution. The only correspondence I received was my initial contact a month ago to Guest Assistance-when a ?manager apologized and forwarded my complaint to the powers-that-be.

In any event, I am relatively satisfied with the outcome. All I really wanted was to be reimbursed for the two night stay as per the original verbal agreement with the night manager at the HI CLE Airport that first night when I was walked. I was hoping for some HH points to boot, but that's getting a little greedy.