FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fall Foliage from NYC
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:08 am
zigzag

Winvian

We really liked Winvian. The food was really well prepared and you had choices at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Unlike Twin Farms which has a set menu for all ( I know they still will make you what ever you want if you don't like the menu) Winvian lets you eat when you want and presents a menu. Thats the difference. Wine is included with the meal and is paired with each course. The cottages are just as nice maybe not as fine of furnishings as Twin Farms but still better then any Four Seasons or Aman.The only cottage that did not wow me was the helicopter suite and that gets all the press so I would not worry about which one to stay in. We stayed in Camping and loved the windows, two fireplaces,(with real wood) and the large bathroom. All the rooms have Nespresso coffee makers which I really like.
The public areas are very nice and the spa is done well, Service was friendly and they could not do enough for you.The only thing that was lacking was a proper gym and with time I think they will add more equipment as right now I have more things in my home gym.