FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crazy Fare - $85 from San Jose, Ca to Paris
Old Feb 17, 2001, 2:41 pm
KevinB

Just got back from SFO where I was interviewed for a TV program called "Extra"...

Did the interview in front of the United ticket counters, and at one point I went up to the counter and asked if they could print me up my e-tickets from SFO to CDG... Funny, I STILL don't trust United to not "lose" my e-ticket after all of this.... (The fact that I had a cameraman following me made it pretty easy!)

The agent asked me why there was a camera following me around, and I told her that I was one of the people who got a ticket to Paris for $24.98... Her exact words were, "That is so great, we were talking about that here today earlier.... Have a GREAT trip"!

She printed up my tickets and congratulated me, then called over another agent to tell her who I was...

At that point, a Supervisor came rushing over and started freaking out on the cameraman, telling him they should NOT be filming, blah, blah, blah...

Wonder if she was related to the "Mr. Responsible" in Public Relations?

But, I've got the tickets, and there's going to be a story showing on the TV program Extra on Monday night.... So the pressure is still on United to fix what they started....

The thing I liked about this interview is that I had more time to explain just what a crummy job United's PR lackey had done...

Took two hours to shoot the whole thing.... but the lackey in PR deserves it ALL

KevinB