FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RealDLInsider - December Posting ...
View Single Post
Old Dec 20, 2007, 12:00 pm
cynicalflyer

Jeff/RealDLInsider ***NEVER*** promised customer giveback people!

I know many are angry and upset by the lack of any giveback in Jeff's most recent posting.

But did anyone read what he actually wrote in November?

Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
This was a giveback to our revenue management organization to help protect the most valuable and profitable flights where we can fill the aircraft will full-fare paying customers, and in exchange, I believe got something bigger. The problem right now is that the customer takeaway is public, but the customer giveback is not. Once everything comes out and the SkyChoice change is in place, then maybe you’ll let me continue the debate?
Notice the language and terminology:
1) The sop has been thrown to Revenue Management right now (i.e. November 2007).
2) The customer takeway is public right now (i.e. November 2007).
3) The customer giveback is not public right now (i.e. November 2007).
4) The future conditional is only on the "continue the debate" element. NOT the "giveback".

Read these sentences again:

Originally Posted by RealDLInsider
The problem right now is that the customer takeaway is public, but the customer giveback is not. Once everything comes out and the SkyChoice change is in place, then maybe you’ll let me continue the debate?
Why is the customer giveback "not" public? Perhaps because it does not exist?

The only thing the November post places in the future tense is a biconditional statement: 1) "Once everything comes out" and 2) "the SkyChoice change is in place." When those two conditionals are met "then maybe you’ll let me continue the debate?"

Well it is now December. Everything has come out, per Jeff's December email. The SkyChoice change is in place, per what everyone picked up on. There is no guarentee, promise or commitment to customer giveback now, only to the possibility of "continu[ing] the debate."

Welcome to Happy, Fun Airline!

Last edited by cynicalflyer; Dec 20, 2007 at 12:31 pm Reason: Typos