FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Forum Question
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2007, 4:31 pm
ATSgrl

Location: FSD - Now 4 airlines out of city, AA recently added flights to DFW and ORD
Programs: United MP 1K, NW/Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I'm so excited to find this site after hearing about it on the Sunday morning CBS news. As someone who recently started flying weekly for work, I'm sure I'll find invaluable info when I have some time to delve further. My first question is in regard to the elite status mentioned. I do the bulk of my flying on UA since they have the best (or most?) connections from FSD, a small regional airport. I've recently attained elite status, but am having trouble ascertaining exactly what that entitles me to on a given UA flight. I've read their website info, I've made multiple to calls to their Mileage Plus office and have gotten multiple answers to the same questions. It's starting to burn me to see empty seats in first class after asking for an upgrade and being told no, to the point where I'm thinking about switching to NWA, which also has decent connections from FSD. Any help or insight would be appreciated!