FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay in London?
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:54 pm
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.departures.com/articles/haymarket-hotel
(login - john smith / password - 371909)
Four Seasons used to be the one hotel brand that routinely got service right from the very month it opened a new property. Now the boutiquelike Firmdale Hotels can claim the same accolade: The London-based company (Charlotte Street, The Soho, and Covent Garden Hotels) unveiled the 50-room Haymarket this spring. We stayed there incognito, just four weeks into the debut, and wow—what charm, what attention to detail.

Shigeru, the Japanese German concierge, not only saved us $82 on valet parking by indicating a ticket-free Sunday spot but he also arranged for the parking meter to be fed the following morning before we awoke. My son, a Marmite fan, was given extra minipots to stuff into his pockets by a waiter who noticed his addiction. And my children's nanny, exhausted from her charges, was delivered tea when we arrived, all unasked for.
rates from $500, but hmm, i wonder if tablet plus ($195/yr) can get you upgrade from 47m2 dlx jr suite ($910) > 85m2 1BR suite ($3500)

One Aldwych seems the best regarded here.

the upper suites @ the Metropolitan seem a lot better than Halkin, not sure how property compares. both are Como.

you might also consider the Connaught and the Berkeley, perhaps booking through someone you know at Claridges, since you are a regular there. (all Maybourne)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 18, 2008 at 5:30 pm