FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 1:22 pm
AAFA

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
No. AAFA claims to live there. I simply asked if that was the reason.
Thanks for the protection guys. I might have taken offense if my address didn't say it and Benjamin left out the smiley. When I signed up a few years ago I didn't want to put my real address in because I figured any company lurkers could use their powers of deduction to figure out who I was and I also figured why open the door for any stalkers. I'm also a little bit of a smart aleck (in case you all haven't noticed ) and it amused me.

As I said, the protocol is oj, water, and champagne. I try to do all when able but don't if I can't. That's it.

The most important thing for the person in the galley to do is to set it up for the inflight service. Predepartures take second rating to that. On a widebody airplane the first thing the galley FA does is take the OJ, water, Champagne and predeparture glasses and sends it out to the aisle FAs and tells them to vacate the galley and gives them the hint (or tells them flat out) to get out of their way. Sometimes the galley is fine with you running in and out to get diet cokes or coffee, but other times they aren't so it is OJ, water, and champagne for all with no deviations.

So, basically, you can ask for other drinks but you might not receive them. If that's the case than just wait until take off and you'll get what you want and need.