FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?
Old Mar 1, 2008, 9:09 pm
AAFA

Originally Posted by vasantn

Obviously it's not critical enough to cause me to leave AA, but I'm certainly allowed to (civilly) take issue with the points of view expressed by FTers who are also AA crew members. And I completely disagree with the whole "off-the-clock" excuse.
I may not enjoy dealing with the most stressful part of my job (boarding) while I'm not being paid but I ALWAYS accomplish, or attempt to accomplish, a predeparture service. I am fairly certain that Gordon and skylady are with me on that. I kind of doubt the people who don't do their job right are lurking around a FF message board.

Gordon does make a good point that it is VERY difficult to accomplish the service when the boarding is happening and people are trying to run their steamer trunks over your toes as you try to tuck in while not sticking your rear in the F pax faces to let people pass. Possible, but difficult.

I think we're looking at a few issues that AA must figure out how to deal with:

1. people who simply refuse to do what they are supposed to- I honestly don't know what they can do about that.
2. Catering issues- It has been my experience that narrowbody flights tend to almost always be catered at the last minute while you are in the middle of the boarding process.
3. No time between boarding the F and Y cabin - IMO, there should be a 5 minute period in between on A/C that board all pax through the 1L door.